• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Anthony Bourdain In Vancouver

SBonner

Tony was at Union in Seattle tonight for dinner. Tix were $150, and included food (mussel, soup, asparagus and haricot verts, roast chicken, steak tartare, double-cut pork chops, the best fries and aioli, creme brulee, lemon tarts, lots of wine) and a copy of the book.

hhlodesign and I (along with 10 other guests last week) are going to be on "No Reservations" in late September. We taped the show last week.

Do you know what the focus or theme of the show will cover? Is it on the food scene in Washington State?

Cheers,

Stephen

"who needs a wine list when you can get pissed on dessert" Gordon Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares 2005

MY BLOG

Hey Ling - nice glasses!

:laugh:

Bourdain asked a couple of questions that segued to the next segment the crew would be shooting: an "underground" dinner.

This line spells it out. If Ling is involved it's going to be some sort of covert dinner.

It sure seems that Chef Bourdain really needs his cig breaks!

"There are two things every chef needs in the kitchen: fish sauce and duck fat" - Tony Minichiello

...She had Bourdain for dinner and it was filmed for the show...

That's funny - I thought he had her for dinner. :cool:

Ríate y el mundo ríe contigo. Ronques y duermes solito.

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Snore, and you sleep alone.