• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

marinated clams

yimay

anyone have any recipes for those tiny clams marinated in soy sauce and chiles? i'd like to review some recipe options before making a big batch.

I don't think I have ever seen these. Are they already cooked? Canned or no?

W.K. Leung ("Ah Leung") aka "hzrt8w"

Never heard out it either.

But also on the same topic. Is there a general recipe for clams in black bean and garlic sauce?

Just wanted to throw that in. :raz:

But also on the same topic. Is there a general recipe for clams in black bean and garlic sauce?

It would be very similar to this pictorial recipe:

Chicken with Lemon Grass and Black Bean Sauce (香茅豉汁鸡)

In place of chicken, just boil the clams in a pot of water until they open. Discard those that don't open. Drain.

You may skip the lemon grass if you like. Or keep it on. Or replace lemon grass with the Thai basil (use the leaves only).

W.K. Leung ("Ah Leung") aka "hzrt8w"

I've had them in Taiwan as well as Flushing NY a long time ago. Unfortunately I don't have a recipe. If I remember correctly, the clams are raw, cooked by the marinade. I think there's ginger, garlic, chiles, soy sauce in the marinade and probably a bunch of other stuff.

Just wanted to throw that in.  :raz:

Sure, I did one in my eG class, and it's in recipe gullet right here. You can click on the links in the recipe to see some step by step photos.

regards,

trillium

Just wanted to throw that in.  :raz:

Sure, I did one in my eG class, and it's in recipe gullet right here. You can click on the links in the recipe to see some step by step photos.

regards,

trillium

Thanks Trillium!

Just what I needed! :biggrin: