• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurants that are open on Mondays

jbbank

hmm, always a conundrum, but more and more are opening Mondays.

Holder, L'Express, Continental, Cocagne (according to their website)... I'm sure there are a few downtown, too.

Chez L'epicier is a good high end option for Mondays. It had a very enjoyable meal on a Sunday there over Christmas. The setting is beautiful. While it probably won't wow you, it will give you a good dinner. Also, most bistros are open on Monday.

Le mas des oliviers is open every day. It is not the most trendy restaurant, but classic french, been open for years (40!), and always very good. Try the Bar du Chili (if not on the menu, just ask). The lamb shanks are also excellent and meltingly tender. Better have a good appetite. It is one of these restaurants that I find myself going back again and again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was in montreal last summer and had a wonderful lunch on a monday at decca 77. $25 for the lunch prix fixe. excellent food, very reasonable.

ns

There's nothing like a pork belly to steady the nerves - Fergus Henderson