• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Out of the way restaurant suggestions?

TimK

I have a date with another 'industry person' next week.

Going out in Vancouver, the very small and close knit Vancouver, can be difficult. I do not want to share my dating with the industry. Are there any out of the way, descrete restaurants that Industry people escape to?

Favourite out of the way bar?

Seafood?

Fine dining?

Tim Keller

Rare Restaurant

tim@rarevancouver.com

Metro Restaurant

timkeller@metrodining.ca

I have a date with another 'industry person' next week.

Going out in Vancouver, the very small and close knit Vancouver, can be difficult. I do not want to share my dating with the industry. Are there any out of the way, descrete restaurants that Industry people escape to?

Favourite out of the way bar?

Seafood?

Fine dining?

Hey, I married my industry date !

Tim, bring her here. We will be descrete. :biggrin:

Pictures will be posted in the internet sooo fast so wear something nice.

Get in your car and go to the Pear Tree!

Neil Wyles

Hamilton Street Grill

www.hamiltonstreetgrill.com

For a different twist try the Korean Royal Cuisine multi-course meal at Be-ga-ne in Burnaby. 

Is that the one in the mall-lette by Lougheed and North? I've heard a lot of good things about that place. It's on my list of places to try!!

"There are two things every chef needs in the kitchen: fish sauce and duck fat" - Tony Minichiello

It is very close to that intersection. There are a dozen or so Korean restaurants in the neighbourhood. Not sure if that is the one you are thinking of or not. It is in that 2 level mall (on the upper level) above the Korean supermarket which is not H-mart. (Across North Road from H-mart.) Was that as clear as mud, fud?

Cheers!

Well! I guess that means we're not dating anymore! Hmm!

On a more serious note:

Go to the Burbs. I like Illuminate in Tsawwassen, Pacific rim Grille in Port Coquitlam, Harbour House in Crescent Beach (good for a stroll after).

Locally the Grammercy Grill on Arbutus is really good (I ate there last night) and still of the radar. New chef from the Ordinary has the kitchen in ship-shape.

Gastronomista

It is very close to that intersection.  There are a dozen or so Korean restaurants in the neighbourhood.  Not sure if that is the one you are thinking of or not.  It is in that 2 level mall (on the upper level) above the Korean supermarket which is not H-mart.  (Across North Road from H-mart.)  Was that as clear as mud, fud? 

Cheers!

Clear as mud. That is exactly the one I was thinking of.

Is the Wickininnish far enough out? But maybe not so far from the industry?

What am I saying? How bout making your date dinner? :biggrin:

"There are two things every chef needs in the kitchen: fish sauce and duck fat" - Tony Minichiello