• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

2006 Jazzfest

highchef

Mayhaw Man I did say a little prayer of thanks for having been told by you to get the pecan pie at Brigsten's. It was fantastic along with the rest of the meal. I had gumbo and paneed rabbit in a mustard sauce. At Jazzfest I had shrimp etouffee, crawfish Monica, a taste of my friends red beans and rice with sausage,a cuban sandwich and some delicious banana bread pudding. We had dinner at Bacco in the French Quarter that night, I was too tired to know what I thought of the food.I didn't particularly want Italian but it was hard finding anyplace open and still serving after 9:00. The next day at lunch at Herbsaint I had the most delicious chicken and dumplings and a taste of everyone else's lunches, everything was so good. We went to Jacques Imo's for dinner but I didn't really like the food. I ordered the jambalaya, alligator cheesecake and fried green tomatoes. After dinner we were given a tour of the garden district by a couple friends who were born and raised there and who suffered damage to there property and are presently living in a FEMA trailer. Later we went to the Columns. I love New Orleans and hope to return there soon.

Returned on Tuesday from NOLA. Went to the Fest on Saturday & Sunday. The weather held out, conveniently raining on Sat. night but clearing by Sun. morning. We had rosemint tea, the cochon de lait poboy, andouille calas, crabcakes with smoked tomato cream sauce, crawfish bread, merguez, Natchitoches meat pie, white chocolate bread pudding and mango freeze, whew!

While in town we also made it to Drago's for oysters both half-shell & charbroiled, Parasol's for roast beef po-boys, and Clancy's (gotta love those smoked soft shell crabs).

I was really in the mood for Dunbar's fried chicken but still not open - anyone have an update?

I also picked up my 6 month supply of Tony Chachere's both regular & extra spicy, and some Zatarain's Creole mustard.

"Nothing is so dangerous as being too modern; one is apt to grow old fashioned quite suddenly."

--Oscar Wilde