• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sign in to follow this  
hazardnc

Mail order brisket

The last time I bought mail order cue, I got it from Blacks. They have since suspended their shipping business.

Any good substitutes for a displaced Texan?

I just got a note in the mail that Clark's Outpost in Tioga was now shipping their brisket and ribs.

It's not Austin BBQ, but it's the best in Northern Texas.

http://www.clarksoutpost.com/cgi-bin/clarksbbq/index.html

Yep Clarks would be a great place to order from. While you are at it order some of their smoke trout. I drive out to clarks every few weeks for BBQ.

Never trust a skinny chef

Thanks for the replies.

As for Southside, all I saw for offer on the mail order site was sausage.

Irodguy, smoked trout was not listed for mail order from Clark's either? I love smoked trout!

So who does better 'cue, Kreuz or Clark's? How about Coopers?

I thought Kreuz's brisket was comparable to Black's when I ate at both restaurants about two weeks ago.

http://offthebroiler.wordpress.com/2006/04...lockhart-texas/

Edited by Jason Perlow (log)

Jason Perlow

Co-Founder, The Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

offthebroiler.com - Food Blog | View my food photos on Instagram

Thanks for the replies.

As for Southside, all I saw for offer on the mail order site was sausage. 

Irodguy, smoked trout was not listed for mail order from Clark's either?  I love smoked trout!

So who does better 'cue, Kreuz or Clark's?  How about Coopers?

They do vacuum pack the trout to go, so I am pretty sure they would ship it as well. I use it for salads, it's quite good.

Never trust a skinny chef

Well, the orders have been placed...brisket and ribs from Kreuz, sausage from Southside.

Sides will be my version of potato salad from Nielsen's deli in Houston (I miss this place!), cole slaw, jalapeno corn bread and Mayhaw man's peach cobbler from this site. Luckily, I can now get Bluebell ice cream to serve on top.

I cannot get Lone Star beer here, but I can get Shiner beer.

Just wanted to follow up with my review on the brisket from Kreuz and the sausages from Southside.

Last year, I ordered brisket from Blacks and it was very, very good. I have to say Kreuz's does not stand up to the flavor or tenderness of Blacks. The ribs, however, were delicious.

I also felt Black's sausage was superior to Southside.

My guests, luckily, did not agree with me and they all raved about the food leaving me few leftovers.

Sign in to follow this