• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Trailer Happiness

Bill Poster

A Bar I've been hearing much about and want to check out is Trailer Happiness in London's Notting Hill. This looks like a modern take on Tiki judging by the pictures. Run by Angus Winchester(well known mixologist), the selection of Rums is top draw, plus the bar runs a members Rum club where you are expected to try all the rums in order to become an honorary Tiki God(!) :cool:

www.therumclub.com

While in London, also try Cottons Rhum Shack & Restaurant in Camden Town. They list over 200 rums on there shelves from all over the world. Its run by Uk rum Ambassodor Ian Burrell.

www.cottons-restaurant.com

When I read about the evils of drinking rum...I stopped reading...because life is too short, so smile and enjoy yourself...

therumman@btinternet.com

Where to get best prices on premium rums in London? I popped in to the Whiskey Exchange at Vinopolis( London Bridge) and their excellent range of rums are very reasonably priced. I think Santa Teresa was 26 quid!

Where to get best prices on premium rums in London? I popped in to the Whiskey Exchange at Vinopolis( London Bridge) and their excellent range of rums are very reasonably priced. I think Santa Teresa was 26 quid!

Whiskey Exchange is also about the only retail shop in London that stocks Velvet Falernum !

Cotton's now have a branch in Exmouth Market too.

Trailer Happiness's decor is perhaps more Woolworth's prints circa 1964 than Tiki, but they do make nice drinks (and they are far less prissy than most Notting Hill cocktail joints).

gethin

Whiskey Exchange is also about the only retail shop in London that stocks Velvet Falernum !

Cotton's now have a branch in Exmouth Market too.

Trailer Happiness's decor is perhaps more Woolworth's prints circa 1964 than Tiki, but they do make nice drinks (and they are far less prissy than most Notting Hill cocktail joints).

gethin

Monday nights are always fun, lots of industry people, and the cocktails are truly fantastic, if you can remember the night before the morning after.......................... :wub:

"Experience is something you gain just after you needed it" ....A Wise man

• 4 months later...

Folks... while I was recently (briefly) back in London I saw that Vintage House on Old Compton st has stepped up their Rum and Rhum selection immeasurably.

Well worth a visit.

Glad you all liked Trailer.. its not a full on Tiki bar but a 50's 60's Americana bar...

Look out for Mahiki on Dover street tho... it should be fun...

cheers

aw