• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pomponette

ShoeBox Oven

looks to me that xdrixn is right in thinking that pomponette refers to the shape or size of the item and isn't a specific "dish" so to speak. nowadays, you can ask for a recipe for a napoleon from twenty people and you'll get at least ten different answers. at least napoleon refers to a traditional pastry that most people have heard of...otherwise you get a bunch of recipes for layered items.

shoebox oven, maybe you can elaborate on what you are looking for. it is a little difficult to give someone information when the question is relatively vague.

didnt think my question was vague. just simple. i wanted a recipe for pomponette. that's it.

if pomponette refers to a mold and not a particular pastry, technique or recipe then ok. as stated i've seen molds for pomponette and that's all i know about it. if you know more let me know. thank you!