• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Your favorite Montreal terrasse

iharrison

This flirtation with spring is a tease but we are on the verge of ideal terrasse conditions.

I was about to add in the Joe Beef thread that Dave and Fred have built a nice little area out back in which to dine this summer.

Other than that, I look forward to a drink at Verses Sky and Les Éclusiers, not to mention a bite at Café Méliès, Leméac, Bice and Aix La Terrace.

I also like the terrasse at Boris Bistro on McGill.

What Montreal terrasse do you jones for when the weather warms up?

N.B. I purposely did not resurrect the terrasse thread from 2003.

lemeac terrasse is nice and small enough not to over work the waiting staff; specially for weekend brunches.

I like Boris Bistro's terrasse, but with the actual road work on McGill, it's a bit too noisy and dusty; went there last friday for lunch and it was packed !! no one inside, everyone outside.

unfortunatly, I'm missing street-side terrasses, couple of small tables on the sidewalk, simple settings on crowded streets; there a some larger oneson Bernard st. but I wished we could have some on St-Laurent, Mont-Royal or St-Denis ( even if there are a few ones ).

lemeac terrasse is nice and small enough not to over work the waiting staff; specially for weekend brunches.

I like Boris Bistro's terrasse, but with the actual road work on McGill, it's a bit too noisy and dusty; went there last friday for lunch and it was packed !! no one inside, everyone outside.

unfortunatly, I'm missing street-side terrasses, couple of small tables on the sidewalk, simple settings on crowded streets; there a some larger oneson Bernard st. but I wished we could have some on St-Laurent, Mont-Royal or St-Denis ( even if there are a few ones ).

Excellent point about Boris. I live around the corner and the construction in the area over the past year has been a major nuissance.

this summer will see a new change

a new law is passed to allow more sidewalk cafe

like in italy or france

like this many more places will have a small terasse

this is good

i've already seen many new sidewalk cafés around town. it's something that, until now, has really been missing from montreal.

le dépanneur café on bernard near esplanade has a good terrasse. there's a row of tables along the sidewalk out front, but in the back there is a garden with some tables and chairs strewn about. thick foliage, lots of plants. perfect on a hot summer day -- it's like the santropol terrasse with ten times fewer people.

Edited by kilgoretrout (log)

I can't help thinking that terraces will be smokers havens this summer. I wonder if non-smokers are going to complain that they are surrounded by smokers.

Notice to all resto owners:

i would like byob terrasse

thank you

Why don't you open one yourself, and see how lucrative it can be.

I can't help thinking that terraces will be smokers havens this summer.  I wonder if non-smokers are going to complain that they are surrounded by smokers.
Notice to all resto owners:

i would like byob terrasse

thank you

Why don't you open one yourself, and see how lucrative it can be.

for what? i am not a resto entrepreneur

the opposite, i am a good resto COSTUMER

why would you say such a thing?

• 2 weeks later...