• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wine schools EU

cmben

A restaurant owner in Mexico asked me for recommendations for wine education in the EU. He wants to get a basic understanding in one to two weeks. His family is Belgian, but he can go to France or Italy. All I know is the Spurrier schools in Paris & Rome. Any suggestions? He will be in Europe in May-June.

If he's interested in Bordeaux in particular:

There's the Château Preuillac school. Richard Bampfield MW teaches there - so it should be good.

There's also an ecole du vin in Bordeaux as well which offers all sorts of courses.

[NB I'm not a huge "flag-waving" Bordeaux lover, but I happen to have been there for wine-tasting stuff fairly recently...]

However, if he's in Belgium it may be easier for him to get to Paris!!

<a href='http://www.longfengwines.com' target='_blank'>Wine Tasting in the Big Beige of Beijing</a>