• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Barefoot Contessa Pantry: you can be Ina too!

Gifted Gourmet

check this out

"Barefoot Contessa Pantry is the beginning of a full line of products for breakfast, lunch and dinner that let you make my classic recipes in no time at all. How easy it that?" - Ina Garten

The Pantry offers:

Preserves & Lemon Curd

Breakfast Baking Mixes

Dessert Sauces

Condiments, Sauces & Marinades

Pancake Mixes And Syrups

Dessert Baking Mixes

Has anyone seen or tasted any of these products yet? :rolleyes:

How likely that you might be interested in trying the items offered?

(a) really have to try them! :biggrin:

(b) maybe but vacillating ... :hmmm:

© is this really cooking? :huh:

(d) isn't her cookbook the truest way to emulate Ina Garten? from scratch? :wink:

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

She doesn't seem to be the type to put her seal of approval on just anything... I think it would have to be very good quality for her, so I would definitely try any of it. There was a blurb in her Chefography about the line, and it looks interesting for sure!

"Many people believe the names of In 'n Out and Steak 'n Shake perfectly describe the contrast in bedroom techniques between the coast and the heartland." ~Roger Ebert

Well, you can never refuse to try a new condiment, now, can you?

and nothing being sold in the Pantry seems to resemble a "health food" either ... :laugh:

Well, we are talking about Ina, after all...

I am a HUGE Ina fan, but I doubt I'll be buying these. They sort of violate my cardinal rule (well, more of an effort, really, with an eye toward saving for my vacation in Prague and France this fall) of not buying anything that I can make at home, particularly when it's an expensive something.

I'll just make the lemon curd and hot fudge from her cookbooks!

"We had dry martinis; great wing-shaped glasses of perfumed fire, tangy as the early morning air." - Elaine Dundy, The Dud Avocado

Queenie Takes Manhattan

eG Foodblogs: 2006 - 2007

For future info., which cookbook are these in? Love Ina too!

"Many people believe the names of In 'n Out and Steak 'n Shake perfectly describe the contrast in bedroom techniques between the coast and the heartland." ~Roger Ebert

:laugh:

I just checked (I have Family Style, Barefoot in Paris, and the Barefoot Contessa Cookbook), and I totally can't find recipes for either. Maybe we WILL have to buy them. :wink:

"We had dry martinis; great wing-shaped glasses of perfumed fire, tangy as the early morning air." - Elaine Dundy, The Dud Avocado

Queenie Takes Manhattan

:laugh:

I just checked (I have Family Style, Barefoot in Paris, and the Barefoot Contessa Cookbook), and I totally can't find recipes for either. Maybe we WILL have to buy them. :wink:

Dang. Just like I had to buy her Barefoot Contessa cookbook for the lobster salad recipe! :hmmm::wink:

I'm not sure about the hot fudge recipe, but her lemon curd recipe is available on the food network site. However, it's kinda hidden in her lemon meringue tart recipe. Strange, because I know I've seen her make stand alone lemon curd on her show...

I'm not sure about the hot fudge recipe, but her lemon curd recipe is available on the food network site. However, it's kinda hidden in her lemon meringue tart recipe. Strange, because I know I've seen her make stand alone lemon curd on her show...

I KNEW I'd seen her make lemon curd...thanks, Live it Up.

Queenie Takes Manhattan