• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sunday River Lager

LunaSea

A number of years ago I went with my wife to Portland, ME and found myself sitting in a pub drinking Sunday River Lager almost the entire time we were there. I thought it was a very nice beer but would like to refresh my memory. Does anyone know of a place that can ship Sunday River Lager or Sunday River Alt to Florida?

Contact the brewer, Sunday River Brewing Co. and see if they will ship it to you or if the ship to Florida anywhere now. Most likely not though. I had the same problem. I wanted a New Zealand brew called Barooni brewed on Waiheke Island offshore from Auckland. I contacted the brewer but there was no way they could get it to me since it had to stay refrigerated. It is not imported to the US. :sad:

The pains we go through for a good brew.

Davydd

It is just an Anglicized Welsh spelling for David to celebrate my English/Welsh ancestry. The Welsh have no "v" in their alphabet or it would be spelled Dafydd.

I must warn you. My passion is the Breaded Pork Tenderloin Sandwich

Now blogging: Pork Tenderloin Sandwich Blog

A number of years ago I went with my wife to Portland, ME and found myself sitting in a pub drinking Sunday River Lager almost the entire time we were there. I thought it was a very nice beer but would like to refresh my memory. Does anyone know of a place that can ship Sunday River Lager or Sunday River Alt to Florida?

Here's a website that lists a lot of the well-known beer sellers/shippers who are on the 'net. (Note that Florida is listed as a state that many don't/won't/can't ship to.)

http://onlinebeerstores.homestead.com/index.html

Oh well, it's probably just a plot to make me go back to Maine! :rolleyes: Might be worth it though, if I remember the beer correctly. I do recall that it went really well with Maine lobster and little neck clams! :biggrin:

Actually, I'm certain the shipping from state-to-state thing is all about money. TAXES!!! :angry: