• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Korean Hang-Over Food

Favorite Korean hang over dishes?

I love the potato and neck bone soup.  I unfortunately can't remember the name, but when I went to visit my relatives in Seoul in 2003 I had this at a restaurant that specialized in only this dish. 

The dish consisted of huge boiled potatos and neck bones in a spicy broth.  It was incredibly spicy and was made in a huge dish in the middle of the table

hanogver cures? Soup, all different kinds of soup, the spicier the better. But my favorite is kalbitang at 3:00 am in the middle of winter at a tiny hole in the wall in Itaewon.

I just wanted to second that above. I know that moment and its feeling well. It's like redemption in a bowl.

Sam gae tang is also good, and an option for sick-in-bed food. I guess beef and chicken soup are rather tame options, but I'm usually feeling less than normally venturesome after a night of drinking.

For me, I head to the closest Kim Bap Chun Guk and order a plate of Cheesy ra boggie. Usually Kraft Singles are not something I would consume, but hangovers call for desperate measures.

Something about ramyeon noodles swimming in a sweet gochujang, peppered with ddok, leeks, odang, then blanked with a melting slice of processed American cheese hits the spot.

As someone who just started eating meat again after a 12 year sojourn, I’m not yet ready for seonji-haengguk

She came, she saw. She ate, she blogged.

www.maryeats.com

• 3 months later...