• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Easy Bake Pommes Anna

natasha1270

I was sorting through some old photos and found a few I had meant to post but forgotten... A few years back I purchased The Easy Bake Oven Gourmet cookbook and made a few dishes. The lightbulb truly is remarkable.

Here is one I documented: Easy Bake Pomme Anna

1. Preheat your oven for 15 minutes or so. Pour a few tablespoons of evoo in pan and place in oven to heat. (I think you could use butter but I didn't try it)

gallery_15459_2824_23455.jpg

gallery_15459_2824_46601.jpg

2. Peel a few baby yukon gold potatoes and slice paper thin.

gallery_15459_2824_31664.jpg

gallery_15459_2824_8615.jpg

gallery_15459_2824_25598.jpg

3. Remove pan with evoo from oven. **Warning** Be careful, the pan and oil will be hot!

gallery_15459_2824_42302.jpg

4. Arrange potato slices and sprinkle with a bit of thyme, sea salt and pepper.

gallery_15459_2824_27911.jpg

5. Place pan back in oven for approx 30 minutes until potatoes are tender.

gallery_15459_2824_21621.jpg

6. Remove pan and drain excess oil. Flip pommes and put back in oven until top is browned. Remove & enjoy!

gallery_15459_2824_4181.jpg

I have a few cake recipes I have scaled for use, too. If I can find them in my stack of recipes clippings, I'll post them too.

Anyone else played around with the Easy bake?

Enjoy!

N.

...playing with her food since 1970

"The main thing to remember about Italian food is that when you put your groceries in the car, the quality of your dinner has already been decided." – Mario Batali

Isn't that the "Real Meal" oven? It's definitely different from the traditional "Easy Bake". Is it still powered by the 100 wt. light bulb? The Pommes Anna looks yummy, btw :smile: ! The most creative thing we've made in the E.B is a tiny grilled goat cheese and basil sandwich- which took about 20 minutes and got eaten in two bites. Still, my children love this toy for some reason, even though I'd be happy to let let make things in the real oven. Must be the cuteness factor!

Melissa

This is just BRILLIANT!! And the photos are absolutely wonderful.

I wanted an Easy Bake Oven soooooo bad when I was a kid. Parents said forget it--if I wanted to cook, I had to use the real kitchen. Which, ultimately, was a good thing.

Still, Easy Bake Ovens make me wistful in an odd way.

"She would of been a good woman," The Misfit said, "if it had been somebody there to shoot her every minute of her life."

--Flannery O'Connor, "A Good Man is Hard to Find"

Isn't that the "Real Meal" oven?  It's definitely different from the traditional "Easy Bake".  Is it still powered by the 100 wt. light bulb?

Drats! I had to go rummage for it and check it out. I think I misspoke. Don't think this one is powered by the bulb... I can't see any place to open it. :sad: Your sandwich sounds pretty tasty!

My Barbie doesn't eat potatoes.

My Barbie was "cooked" in the EasyBake. I just visited my dad and noted that he still uses the box that the Easy Bake came in, for storage!

Whoa, you both had Barbies?! Where is the jealous smiley? :biggrin: I only had a Jamie Sommers doll and she needed the carbs for her bionic arm!

Thanks everyone for the comments. Playing with your food can be loads of fun!

N.

"The main thing to remember about Italian food is that when you put your groceries in the car, the quality of your dinner has already been decided." – Mario Batali

• 2 weeks later...