• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Food and Hotel Asia 2006

NickLam

Hi all,

Food and Hotel Asia is next week in Singapore and I"m back home to attend it. There'll be quite a bit of Asian manufacturers here and I'm not sure if they travel to your parts of the world.

Anyway, the website is: www.foodnhotelasia.com

If anyone needs me to find out more about anything or look out for anything in particular, just post a message here. Will try to get the info for you.

Cheers!

Been looking for cherry blossom powder and cherry blossom extract. If you found a source, I would be most grateful!

Pamela Wilkinson

www.portlandfood.org

Life is a rush into the unknown. You can duck down and hope nothing hits you, or you can stand tall, show it your teeth and say "Dish it up, Baby, and don't skimp on the jalapeños."

Wow, cherry blossom powder/extract sounds really interesting.  I will keep a lookout.  Cheers!

Cherry blossom products of every sort where VERY popular at last month's Foodex in Tokyo, I am sure you will be able to find some distributors.

Kristin Wagner, aka "torakris"

Wow, cherry blossom powder/extract sounds really interesting.  I will keep a lookout.  Cheers!

Cherry blossom products of every sort where VERY popular at last month's Foodex in Tokyo, I am sure you will be able to find some distributors.

Sigh, I really wanted to go to the Foodex as well as the small chocolate salon thing in Shinjuku, but unfortunately, time didn't permit it.

Anyway, I hope they will have a gamut of Japanese products at FNA next week. Amongst other things.....I'm looking for stuff for wagashi.

With any luck....I can make my yearly pilgrimage to Meiji-jingumae next month..before it gets really really really hot.

Hi all,

just came back from FHA. They had a 'Japan Pavillion', but unfortunately, not so heavy on foodstuffs but heavy on booze.

However, one company I spoke to that deals in confectionery items has mentioned that they might be able to source it from their area of Nagoya. Basically, they are a trading company.

Whilst that is not as good as getting direct from the manufacturer and distributer.....its better than nothing I suppose.

Anyway, here are their contact details. Just contact them and ask them about it. Let them know you got their contact from Food and Hotel Asia in Singapore from the guy asking for Sakura Powder. That should've been a wierd enough enquiry for them to remember.

Matsumoto Trading Co. Ltd.

Rainbow Marunouchi Building 903,

3-6-11, Marunouchi, Naka-ku, Nagoya,

460-0002, Japan

Tel: +88 52-957-3661

Fax: +88 52-957-3662

Email: info@tabeka.co.jp

The person I spoke to was:

Mr Yutaka Matsumoto

Managing Director.

I'll be going back tomorrow again to cover ground to see if I missed any other supplier. It was just too crowded and I was too tired to talk to so many companies.

Hope this helps for now!