• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

technique on tapioca maltodextrin

akwa

We are discussing adding tapioca maltodextrin to oil and creating a powdered oil product.

I think the real trick here is making actually taste awesome. Thats my lame observation at least. We made triple cheese burgers with bacon and onions. If you go to some pharmaceutical websites you can find a pill press to press the stuff into pills. Very cool.

Future Food - our new television show airing 3/30 @ 9pm cst:

http://planetgreen.discovery.com/tv/future-food/

Hope you enjoy the show! Homaro Cantu

Chef/Owner of Moto Restaurant

www.motorestaurant.com

We are discussing adding tapioca maltodextrin to oil and creating a powdered oil product.

I think the real trick here is making actually taste awesome. Thats my lame observation at least. We made triple cheese burgers with bacon and onions. If you go to some pharmaceutical websites you can find a pill press to press the stuff into pills. Very cool.

But it's not the same as micra?

2317/5000

When I was in Miami, the exec pastry chef I was consulting with made a "faux" mici with tapioca starch, the whole place used it.

Where can one obtain matodextrin?

Thanks!

Sorry, I guess at that above like...

2317/5000

When I was in Miami, the exec pastry chef I was consulting with made a "faux" mici with tapioca starch, the whole place used it.

Where can one obtain matodextrin?

Thanks!

Sorry, I guess at that above like...

One can make "micri" by combining water with tapioca starch and bring to a boil then cool. There are tons of places to find tapmalto online. Just google it.

Future Food - our new television show airing 3/30 @ 9pm cst:

http://planetgreen.discovery.com/tv/future-food/

Hope you enjoy the show! Homaro Cantu

Chef/Owner of Moto Restaurant

www.motorestaurant.com