• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Diary: July 21, 2002

For the past few months I have been only a casual visitor to egullet but with the edition of Malawry's journal I am happily addicted :laugh:. Thank you so much Malawry for giving such intelligent and thorough entries all the while maintaining the rigor of cooking school. I hope you are finding some well deserved relaxation on the weekends.

Me too, but I'd like to make clear that I don't see follow-up discussion as a measure of how much people are enjoying your reports. You can be sure that many are reading, enjoying tremendously, and simply don't feel the need to post anything -- especially since your reports are so complete and self-sufficient and answer the basic questions in advance.

FG is right on target with his assessment. I always look first to see if there's a new diary entry--these are great, Malawry! Thanks for sharing this experience w/us.

Awww, shucks, guys. :wub:

Welcome to eGullet, WednesdayGirl. (She's the friend who sent me the e-mail asking how I'm enjoying school, around which I based an entry.) Also, welcome, Teva.

KateW, I hope you have time to share how your experience is similar and different once school starts. The same goes for Chefchelle and any other culinary students around eGullet.