• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ponchatoula dining?

IrishCream

Well, given that my post about my upcoming NOLA weekend only yielded 2 responses I don't expect much. But on the off hand chance anyone can recommend a restaurant for next Saturday lunch in the Ponchatoula area, I'd appreciate. It's with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law who were forced to move there due to Rita. Both their homes are gone for good. They'll be staying in Ponchatoula. I want to take them to lunch but really don't want to go to Cracker Barrel. :cool: Thanks for any advice.

Lobster.

check if Trey Yen in Hammond is open.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

Actually, old town Hammond has some nice local establishments. Sorry, but I can't think of any names of hand. We were stationed in Hammond after the storm and it really is pretty quaint. All the chains are off the highway. When you get to the railroad tracks follow then to the station, and then walk around abit, you will see a couple of places that should fit the bill. Sorry to hear about your in-laws. ch

Edited by saturnbar (log)

Try Tope là Restaurant 104 North Cate Street, Hammond, LA 70401, 985-542-7600

John DePaula
formerly of DePaula Confections
Hand-crafted artisanal chocolates & gourmet confections - …Because Pleasure Matters…
--------------------
When asked “What are the secrets of good cooking? Escoffier replied, “There are three: butter, butter and butter.”

• 2 weeks later...

We ate at C'est Bon and thoroughly enjoyed it. I had a fantastic piece of swordfish, cooked perfectly medium rare, on a bed of spinach and fried eggplant. Thanks all. It may be in the process of changing ownership as there was a sign on the door saying they no longer accept C'est Bon coupons and our receipt said "O'Donnell's".

Lobster.