• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Miller in the news with some new tech

carpetbagger, esq.

Miller to introduce self-cooling can

tempra.jpg

The specially modified cans use proprietary engineering to create a temperature drop that will reduce the I.C. Can contents by a minimum of 30° Fahrenheit in just three minutes. When activated, the all natural desiccant contained within a vacuum draws the heat from the beverage through the evaporator into an insulated heat-sink container. It is this patented vacuum-power which lowers the temperature so dramatically and quickly, leaving the beverage inside cold.

The I.C. Technology is 100% safe non-toxic and environmentally benign, because the whole process is the driven by the simple physics of water evaporation.

Expect the first cans to show up on store shelves

in mid-2007

The I.C. Technology is 100% safe non-toxic and environmentally benign, because the whole process is the driven by the simple physics of water evaporation.

The former does not follow from the latter. (Although, the dessiccant may well be ammonium nitrate, which, even though it's a high explosive, it fairly non-toxic and modestly envrionmentally benign).

I always attempt to have the ratio of my intelligence to weight ratio be greater than one. But, I am from the midwest. I am sure you can now understand my life's conundrum.

Really a shame that they invest so much into the can vs. reducing the bad watery taste of their beers. Perhaps even more of a dissapointment is the American public's lack of desire for a better beer.

Twitter: Audiofan2

www.sacramentocook.com

And you know that some poor geek who designed this technology, probably for quick refrigeration in developing countries, is pissed that some beer company is now in control of it. And hasn't seen a 'friggin dime.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host