• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Crow, Crave, Crush

Reading the Weekly's dining guide I pondered what the next hip restaurant opening in Seattle will start with the letters Cr.

Crustacean, Crack, Crust, and Crevice are my ideas. What's yours?

"Homer, he's out of control. He gave me a bad review. So my friend put a horse head on the bed. He ate the head and gave it a bad review! True Story." Luigi, The Simpsons

Reading the Weekly's dining guide I pondered what the next hip restaurant opening in Seattle will start with the letters Cr.

Crustacean, Crack, Crust, and Crevice are my ideas.  What's yours?

Crust would be a cute name for a pie bakery.

How about Crap? <extreme sarcasm>

OK, there's Carp, Craw, Crawler, Cork (wine bar), Cranberry, Czar, Car, (drive in) Cat, Cap, Cad, Café (I'm surprised someone hasn't hit on that one yet, probably not TM-able) Cape (sister restaurant to Veil :-) Crown, Crib (soul food :-) Crag (on a cliff overlooking the Sound), Chaff (bakery)... which may NOT be such a good word for a bakery, however I really didn't think a word that refers to a salad made with day old bread was either but it hasn't hurt their success (Panzanella).

OK, so they aren't all CR words. Sue me.

Born Free, Now Expensive

I like Crepescule.

"Save Donald Duck and Fuck Wolfgang Puck."

-- State Senator John Burton, joking about

how the bill to ban production of foie gras in

California was summarized for signing by

Gov. Schwarzenegger.

:blink:

Crabapple, crabboil, crabcake, crab Louis, cracklings, crawdaddies, creme caramel, creme fraiche, Cremini, Crenshaw, crespelle, crimp, crookneck, croque, crostini, croustade, crumpet, crystallized. (wish I knew how to place those cute accent marks over french words!)

Courtesy of Food Lover's Companion :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Edited by GourmetLight$ (log)

Carolyn

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

J.R.R. Tolkien

It is pretty endless isn't it. I like Café, very minimalist. Getting of the C words (and how about C-Word for a cutting edge restaurant?) it has been my longing desire to dine at a place called Eats.

"Homer, he's out of control. He gave me a bad review. So my friend put a horse head on the bed. He ate the head and gave it a bad review! True Story." Luigi, The Simpsons

It is pretty endless isn't it.  I like Café, very minimalist.  Getting of the C words (and how about C-Word for a cutting edge restaurant?) it has been my longing desire to dine at a place called Eats.

Time to go to West Seattle:

Eats

Thanks! That sounds like a good place. Has anyone been?

Lord no. I wouldn't go anywhere called "Eats."

Isn't there a restaurant called "C" in Vancouver?

Frankly, the trend of the hip one-word name for stylish restaurants and stylish gift/card/furniture/candle stores is irksome to me.

"Save Donald Duck and Fuck Wolfgang Puck."

-- State Senator John Burton, joking about

how the bill to ban production of foie gras in

California was summarized for signing by

Gov. Schwarzenegger.

Isn't there a restaurant called "C" in Vancouver?

Yes! C Restaurant

I love the name "Crust & Crumb" for a bakery.

Croquette? ("La Petite Croquette" instead of the more popular "coquette" would be such a cute name for a restaurant.)

or Croquant? Croquembouche? Crepinette? (Mistral in Vancouver does this pate en crepine...oh yeah...caul fat!) Or what about "Cracklings", a restaurant that serves those crunchy piggy morsels in different forms. Like chopped cracklings instead of croutons in your salad. Or instead of a pork loin sandwich, you could get a nice hunk of crackling in between some soft potato bread...with some tangy slaw.

...drooling :wub: