• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

[MSP] "Cue" New restaurant at new Guthrie

pansophia

Here's a linkto an article about Cue, the new restaurant at the Guthrie.

The design looks like it will fit the new Guthrie space quite well. Not much is said about the food and nothing is listed on the Bon Appetit Management website either but it looks as though it will be quite a destination so I hope the food will match.

I don't see an opening date in the article but the theater opens June 24th so I assume it will coincide or come soon after.

With Cafe Brenda's second location on track for May and the Mill CIty Market scheduled for June 10, it will be an exciting Spring down here on the river!

"Vegetables aren't food. Vegetables are what food eats."

--

food.craft.life.

The Lunch Crunch - Our daily struggle to avoid boring lunches

From the article linked above (actually an entry in the forums at Dexigner.com):

Rolling out its new food-service design practice with a high-profile project, the Minneapolis office of The Durrant Group Inc. is designing Cue at the Guthrie, the 7,760-square-foot, street-level restaurant and bar at the new Guthrie Theater. (The Guthrie building is designed by French architect Jean Nouvel, with local architectural firm Architectural Alliance.)

=R=

"Hey, hey, careful man! There's a beverage here!" --The Dude, The Big Lebowski

LTHForum.com -- The definitive Chicago-based culinary chat site

ronnie_suburban 'at' yahoo.com

Thank you for the clarification Ron.

I shouldn't try to post while the barometric pressure is doing strange things to my head!

No worries . . . I always like to add a small piece of text from any link I add -- and the source -- just in case the link goes dead at some point in the future.

BTW, the space does look beautiful. If the food even comes close to matching up, it's going to be a good spot. Generally speaking, how is BBQ in the Twin Cities? Is there any of note?

=R=

"Hey, hey, careful man! There's a beverage here!" --The Dude, The Big Lebowski

LTHForum.com -- The definitive Chicago-based culinary chat site

ronnie_suburban 'at' yahoo.com

Thank you for the clarification Ron.

I shouldn't try to post while the barometric pressure is doing strange things to my head!

BTW, the space does look beautiful. If the food even comes close to matching up, it's going to be a good spot. Generally speaking, how is BBQ in the Twin Cities? Is there any of note?

=R=

BBQ in MSP is fair to poor. Nothing unique and certainly nothing consistent. If you're familiar with Speed Queen in Milwaukee, that trumps anything we have here in MSP (and that's not saying much at all).

The best pork ribs are those done on outdoor grills/BBQs once a week by two individuals in St. Paul ("Big Daddy" and Pastor Luches Hamilton). Outside of Friday or Saturday when that's happening, you can take your pick of about a half dozen equally ho-hum places.

The best pork ribs are those done on outdoor grills/BBQs once a week by two individuals in St. Paul ("Big Daddy" and Pastor Luches Hamilton).  Outside of Friday or Saturday when that's happening, you can take your pick of about a half dozen equally ho-hum places.

I miss Big Daddy. Where are these "outdoor grills/BBQs"?

The best pork ribs are those done on outdoor grills/BBQs once a week by two individuals in St. Paul ("Big Daddy" and Pastor Luches Hamilton).  Outside of Friday or Saturday when that's happening, you can take your pick of about a half dozen equally ho-hum places.

I miss Big Daddy. Where are these "outdoor grills/BBQs"?

Pastor Hamilton serves up ribs and chicken curbside in front of his church and small restaurant on Fridays during summer. The restaurant is open daily but he only grills outside on Fridays.

1130 E. 7th St

St. Paul

"Big Daddy" sets up in the Johnny Baby's parking lot on University Ave, east of Lexington a little ways, in St. Paul on Saturday evenings.