• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mexican Grocers in Chester Co

I was in Coatesville at a hearing today when on Bus. 30 I noticed two mexican grocery stores and a Mexican restaurant.

Anyone know anything about them.

Must investigate further....

Ah, it's been way too long since I did a butt. - Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

--------------------

One summers evening drunk to hell, I sat there nearly lifeless…Warren

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I've been out of town. The grocer is about three doors down from the district court house. The restaurant is a little further down maybe a half a block. There is another grocer about a block further down if you are heading east on Bus 30. toward Caln/Downingtown.

--------------------

I was back in Coatesville, today and had a chance to check out the markets and the restaurant.

Mexico Lindo is near the district courthouse. Not much there. Moved on.

Teinda Alquisiras 735 Lincoln Hwy Coatesville PA 610 380-9501

is THE JACKPOT.

Meats

Cheeses, Crema

Peppers fresh and dried

Everything you need to Mexican goodness.

I got some peppers there today bright orange, not habenaro. They were about the size of a plum tomato. My lips are numb in a good fruity sort of way. It smelled like chopping a mango. Sweet agony!

I AM SO HAPPY.

Check out the restaurant by the same name, same owner,

Had a lamb barbacoa taco moist yummy lamb hot of the grill.

Bought a cubano sandwich for the wife and a taco al pastor sandwhich for me. Both were excellent.

They had a full tempting menu. I am definately going back.

--------------------

handmc,

Are you sure the address is 735 Lincoln Hwy? Google maps showed that is near the airport and when I took a ride down there this weekend, all I saw were some residential homes in that address range.

Should I have gone West from the intersection of Rt 82 and Business 30?

Cheers

Percy

Percy: I am sorry you did not find it. I copied the address straight from the business card. The way I get to Coatesvillle and the grocery is to take 30 west to 82. 82 into Coatesville. Then I go left onto 30 Business. It will come up on the left hand side TIENDA is more noticeable than anything. It is after the Large Church on the left. If you get to the Athletic fields on the left or see signs for the Va. Hospital you have gone too far.

I have a chili cook off this weekend and plan to head over there thursday or friday.

Last time I was there I bought some pork in "enchilada sauce" it was thinly sliced pork a red sauce. I grilled it up over some hickory, Man it was GOOD.

If you are heading over PM me and I will give you my cell if you want and I can get you there if the directions above don't work.

Edited by handmc (log)

--------------------