• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Gunter Wilhelm knifes?

sirseb

Don't know them or their product, but their "how to use your sharpening steel" FAQ is lifted word by word, including images, from the eG Knife Maintenance EGCI course.

see for yourself:

their page

section 6 of the EGCI course

We''ve opened Pazzta 920, a fresh pasta stall in the Boqueria Market. follow the thread here.

My blog, the Adventures of A Silly Disciple.

Don't know them or their product, but their "how to use your sharpening steel" FAQ is lifted word by word, including images, from the eG Knife Maintenance EGCI course.

see for yourself:

their page

Wow...talk about plagarism!

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

Well isn't that interesting? I did receive an email from someone from Gunther Wilhelm a couple of years ago asking to use some of the sharpening tutorial with modifications. Knowing that I might to try and turn it into something more, I didn't reply.

Seems like a phone call is in order.

Chad

Update: I just checked. I did reply to them back in January 2004 that I didn't think it would work for them to use the tutorial.

Edited by Chad (log)

Chad Ward

An Edge in the Kitchen

William Morrow Cookbooks

www.chadwrites.com

see for yourself:

their page

Wow...talk about plagarism!

I've spoken with Paul Hellman at Gunter Wilhelm and come to an arrangement for use of the material. I'm not happy about how this happened, but he was genuinely apologetic so I'm willing to let it go.

Chad

Edited by Chad (log)

Chad Ward

An Edge in the Kitchen

William Morrow Cookbooks

www.chadwrites.com

They want $150 for a 12 inch peppermill because it was designed by Mario Batale, unh, uh, ain't hapnin.

The knives look like something designed to impress home cooks who might not know, but think they would look cool in their kitchens.

As for the peppermill, I keep using my 30 year old peugot and it keeps on grinding just fine. And they did replace a big hotel mill for $0 because of a defect in workmanship. THey had to send a different model because the defective one was no longer being made. I like that kind of service.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!