• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Poi question ......

Ono Loa

Aloha! Have a safe trijp back! I really love Hanalei Poi - so do our dogs. The thing is I

have not tried the other you mention but I would imagine it is really really good! Taro

brand is o.k. but it's Hanalei for us. For your travel purpose it does come in that great

sturdy plastic container. It is quite thick so you may want to dilute a bit. We don't

get the Waipio over here unfortunately. A hui hou! :biggrin:

"You can't miss with a ham 'n' egger......"

Ervin D. Williams 9/1/1921 - 6/8/2004

Aloha! Have a safe trijp back! I really love Hanalei Poi - so do our dogs. The thing is I

have not tried the other you mention but I would imagine it is really really good! Taro

brand is o.k. but it's Hanalei for us. For your travel purpose it does come in that great

sturdy plastic container. It is quite thick so you  may want to dilute a bit. We don't

get the Waipio over here unfortunately. A hui hou! :biggrin:

Hanalei poi is all over Hilo i have not had the waipio poi but i am looking for it. i was down at the farmers market this morning and the poi man was not there....i have never had his poi has anyone had it?

whats the waipio poi like? hanalie is SO good but i am always up for new things.

• 4 weeks later...