• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Snapple White Iced Tea

TrishCT

Has anyone else tried Snapple's flavored White Iced Tea?

Our local Shaw's Supermarket had 17.5 ounce bottles on sale for $1 each so I picked up a few in necatarine, green apple, and raspberry flavors. Generally, I just think they are delicious! Very nice, soft but good flavors. Also, very refreshing. The stuff is basically tea, water, sugar and natural flavors. It packs 60 calories a serving, with about two servings per bottle. But you're gonna drink a whole bottle.

Has anyone else tried Snapple's flavored White Iced Tea?

Our local Shaw's Supermarket had 17.5 ounce bottles on sale for $1 each so I picked up a few in necatarine, green apple, and raspberry flavors.  Generally, I just think they are delicious!  Very nice, soft but good flavors.  Also, very refreshing. The stuff is basically tea, water, sugar and natural flavors. It packs 60 calories a serving, with about two servings per bottle.  But you're gonna drink a whole bottle.

Local supermarkets occasionally offer 24 count cases of Snapple for $9.99, and I pick up a couple when this occurs. I think I'm addicted to Diet Peach, which seems to be one of everyone's favorites, both here in PA and back in TN.

I'll look for the White Tea, but I am diabetic so won't be a regular buyer.

Ruth Dondanville aka "ruthcooks"

“Are you making a statement, or are you making dinner?” Mario Batali

• 2 weeks later...

OOH! that hasn't hit my local stores yet but I will be looking for it. I like white tea alot- POM just came out with a line of teas also. We tried the white tea/peach/pom flavor. It actually tastes like a real peach rather then syrupy and it is just a tad tart. Super exspensive (it was $3.50 for 13.5 oz) but it was worth it for a treat.

Gigi,

I haven't seen the new Snapple White Tea in many stores. In fact, I have only seen it so far in Shaw's. That's probably why no one else has come across it yet. It's really good. By the way, it is not in the same type of bottle as regular Snapple drinks.

I like Snapple's flavors, but they have a lot of HFCS in them. To water it down, I always pour it into a tall glass with lots of crushed ice.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

I can't wait for them to get here.

Unfortunatly I have noticed that here in Georgia we don't have as wide a selection of Snapple flavors as you guys back east do- for example the mint tea is no where to be found here and as the tea/lemonade mix (which I love) so I always bring a stash home with me from New York when I go see the in-laws.

Did you ever try th sun tea's they had out in the late 90's?. I loved those, the plain was the one I would get. It was sweet but not too sweet.

Jason,

Ingredients in the new White Tea by Snapple (Nectarine flavor):

"Our real tea starts with the finest tea leaves and is made from filtered water, sugar, natural flavors, citric acid, white tea, vitamin C."

It also has protective antioxidants, and is naturally decaffeinated.

Hope you all get this product soon.

Gigi,

I never had Snapple sun tea.

• 3 weeks later...

Am I still the only one who has tried this extremely refreshing beverage?

There are commercials for this on tv now showing an elderly Asian gentleman picking a tea leaf and explaining how a white tea leaf is different from a regular one. I won't ruin the suspense, you'll just have to watch it for yourself. :cool:

I went to a beverage trade show yesterday in Albany, NY and saw this product but haven't tried it. I received a sample that I'll try tonight. I'll probably bring it into my shop and see how it sells. Don't know the price yet.

Ilene

I was never a fan of Snapple's regular beverages, that corn syrup thing, you know (I get incredibly ill after ingesting HFCS, or even a spoonful or so of CS). But, I ADORE the Diet Lime Green Tea flavor. It tastes so good, and it's gorgeous! :biggrin: I saw the White Teas at Norkus Foodtown here in Manalapan, NJ, but i didn't even bother to check the ingredients. I'll get some this week, though, if there's sugar in it, I'll be hoping to like it! :laugh: Man, I've been drowning in sugared beverages the past month or so (KP Coca Cola RULES! :wub: ), I've got to stop. :wacko:

More Than Salt

Visit Our Cape Coop Blog

Cure Cutaneous Lymphoma

Join the DarkSide---------------------------> DarkSide Member #006-03-09-06

I went to a beverage trade show yesterday in Albany, NY and saw this product but haven't tried it. I received a sample that I'll try tonight.  I'll probably bring it into my shop and see how it sells. Don't know the price yet.

Reporting back. I tried the Nectarine flavor tonight and liked it. It's sweetened with sugar. :raz:

Ilene

I picked up a bottle of each flavour when I was in Hershey for the PMCA. So far I have tried the nectarine and I really liked it. Nice and refreshing, good clear flavour.

Glad it is finally out there, I think it is a very good product. Soft, refeshing, lightly sweet and flavorful, but not cloying.

I like the Nectarine and the Green Apple the most. The Raspberry is o.k. but not as fruity as the others so I like it less. Are there any other flavors out there?

Shaw's had it on special for $1 a bottle, now that it is off special it is selling for $1.49 a bottle. Glad I bought about 40 bottles a while back when they were a buck apiece.