• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Headhunters in BC

Jeebus

I am a chef from Toronto looking to possibly move out to the west coast in the next few months. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a couple of headhunting agencies that work specificaly on the west coast. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Jonaton Lome

www.azurerestaurant.ca

The next time one calls, I will remember to take notes.

About every six months or so I get asked if I am happy with my job etc.

I play along for fun and then tell them I am also the owner.

I am due for a call.

You will get some help from this baord as there are lots of headhunting going on right now.

Make sure you are watching your PM for messages as you might not get responses online.

Neil Wyles

Hamilton Street Grill

www.hamiltonstreetgrill.com

Your resume on the ChefDB suggests you and I may have shared a shaft meal or two at Prego back in the early 90's.

Go2 has been on a blitz recently, so you can always start by contacting them. By the conversations on this board recently (and from the look of your resume), finding work should be relatively easy. Best of luck. :wink:

Edited by Andrew Morrison (log)

Andrew Morrison

Food Columnist | The Westender

Editor & Publisher | Scout Magazine

^ Not a Freudian slip, but a colloq.

I remember we had to pay $5 per day or something ridiculous for a ruddy questionable meal of spag, starch, and veg (whether we ate it or not). Hence the shaft.

Edited by Andrew Morrison (log)

Andrew Morrison

Food Columnist | The Westender

Editor & Publisher | Scout Magazine

I am a chef from Toronto looking to possibly move out to the west coast in the next few months. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a couple of headhunting agencies that work specificaly on the west coast. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Jonaton Lome

Honey, I don't think you need a headhunter. See thread titled, labour shortage in the hospitality industry.

The doors are pretty much wide open.

Jonaton Lome

Honey, I don't think you need a headhunter. See thread titled, labour shortage in the hospitality industry.

The doors are pretty much wide open.

HERE is a link to the thread shelora mentioned.

[host]

I've changed the title of this thread to clarify that we're talking about looking for work in Western Canada. Helps with site searches and all that ...

A.

[/host]

Your resume on the ChefDB suggests you and I may have shared a shaft meal or two at Prego back in the early 90's.

Go2 has been on a blitz recently, so you can always start by contacting them. By the conversations on this board recently (and from the look of your resume), finding work should be relatively easy. Best of luck.  :wink:

Yeah it was $5 for the very suspect lunch, $3.50 I beleive for your jacket, apron etc every day and they still docked you a half hour lunch even if you had no time to actually stop and eat it. Micheal really was a gem wasn't he.

www.azurerestaurant.ca