• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cooking for our Queen

don't know much more, i think the format was them cooking in their own kitchens for the judges - there is also a 4th resto involved but don't know who that is,

All the regions had four chefs cooking two dishes from their current or recent menu - Matthew Fort visits them all at their restaurants and he selects two to go forward. In the Midlands it was Sat Bains, Aaron Patterson. Rupert Rowley and Glynn Purnell. Not sure who got through.

this one also features simon rogon & paul kitching so in decent company

A source close to Paul Kitching contacted me with the following information:

"Paul is not going to appear. It’s true he was approached and we had discussions with Optomen at a pretty high level, but both parties agreed it wasn’t quite the right vehicle for him."

this one also features simon rogon & paul kitching so in decent company

A source close to Paul Kitching contacted me with the following information:

"Paul is not going to appear. It’s true he was approached and we had discussions with Optomen at a pretty high level, but both parties agreed it wasn’t quite the right vehicle for him."

Thought it was to good to be true. How close was this source Andy :wink: