• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

After Dinner Dessert places in Richmond

Tony Mah

The Ramada Radisson has a chocolate buffet on Fridays and Saturdays. The cost is $16.00 per person(not sure exactly). I think it is less if you have dinner. I have not tried it so I cannot advise on the quality. I passed by onetime and spied the chocolate layout. I can remember a chocolate fountain, parfait, little cakes.

Have you tried Steveson? There are two bakeries that serve various desserts.

You did not mention when so I gathered perhaps a weekend treat.

Then, there is the chain restaurants that serve dessert.

your local save-on has a wide array of delicious ice creams (open unitl midnight). also a gelato place on 3 rd under london drugs.

on to more important item, what the FUCK happened to the starbucks and 7-11 on 3 rd and ackroyd???????

"Since when do you have to be hungry to eat?"

Give a man a fish and you’ll feed him for a day. Teach a man how to fish andhe’ll open up his own place right across the street from yours, steal your sous-chef, talk shit about you, haggle with suppliers, undercut your prices, kiss critics’ ass, steal your clients and you’ll eventually curse the day you taught him how to fish.

The only places i've had "dessert" in Richmond was that Gelato place on the corner of ... uhhhh ... No 2(?) and somethingorother ... basically by the London Drugs.

They carry Mario's Gelati. Nice stuff.

Or, you can go to the Richmond Costco and pick up some dessert from the food bar.

Any top quality places in Richmond that are opened late without having to drive to downtown Vancouver or the West side?

Tony

Isn't Death by Chocolate in the Ironwood Plaza mall by Steveston Highway and is it 5 Rd.? I have no idea if it's all it used to be cracked up to be, perhaps a certain dessert aficionado might know if it's worthwhile looking up? :wink:

"If cookin' with tabasco makes me white trash, I don't wanna be recycled."

courtesy of jsolomon

Any top quality places in Richmond that are opened late without having to drive to downtown Vancouver or the West side?

Tony

Isn't Death by Chocolate in the Ironwood Plaza mall by Steveston Highway and is it 5 Rd.? I have no idea if it's all it used to be cracked up to be, perhaps a certain dessert aficionado might know if it's worthwhile looking up? :wink:

Well...I used to go there in high school... :unsure:

OK desserts, I guess.

There's not much in Richmond that comes to mind. The gelato place mentioned upthread is near the corner of No. 3 and Westminister Hwy., I believe.

Although the threads is "after dinner" desserts I wanted to mention Dominique's catering on Steveston. I believe his web site is http://www.sugarart.ca

He makes these lovely little bon bons and of course specializes in wedding cakes. Oh man I can't wait to drop in and do some sampling!

Edited by fud (log)

"There are two things every chef needs in the kitchen: fish sauce and duck fat" - Tony Minichiello

Finally something interesting! I just went to the Sugar Art website and it seems like they only do custom high end stuff and an appointment is required. Does anyone know if it is possible to go in and buy a few treats?

Tony

Finally something interesting! I just went to the Sugar Art website and it seems like they only do custom high end stuff and an appointment is required. Does anyone know if it is possible to go in and buy a few treats?

Tony

You could call them and ask, then come back and let us all know if that's an option.