• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

A tip of the hat

dbrociner

i think it's fair to say that without rosie, the NJ board would never have gotten as strong as it was, back when, for a time, it was without a doubt one of the most dynamic and interesting boards on egullet, and certainly the most interesting and information-filled NJ restaurant discussion forum on the internet.

thanks, rosie.

Edited by tommy (log)

Here's to Rosie, who brought me to eGullet and who has been an inspiration to me since back when we were both on Prodigy in the early '90s. Good luck with whatever you end up doing. Where you lead, RS, I will follow. Nuff said.

I also knew Rosie from the Prodigy days - and she led me here. I will miss her.

Good luck with your other projects, Rosie!

*ETA: aaack! I just saw that Jason Perlow has retired. This is a sad day :(

Edited by Randi (log)

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne

Here's to Rosie, who brought me to eGullet and who has been an inspiration to me since back when we were both on Prodigy in the early '90s. Good luck with whatever you end up doing. Where you lead, RS, I will follow. Nuff said.

I also knew Rosie from the Prodigy days - and she led me here. I will miss her.

Good luck with your other projects, Rosie!

*ETA: aaack! I just saw that Jason Perlow has retired. This is a sad day :(

I know we hadn't heard from Jason after the "comp" postings and the running back and fourth commentary on the board back in March... so it wasn't too much of a surprise after a month of not hearing from him at Egullet after all, he had seemed to have dropped off the board into oblivion. :blink:

Rosie, you are a doll and you will certainly be missed as well. All the best to you and your fantastic other half! I hope we bump into each other again sometime soon, we seem to have somewhat similar tastes when it comes to some restaurants and as an ex-Livingston resident myself, I'm sure I'll see you around. Best of luck to all the "retiree's" at Egullet may your palate and prose have integrity always. :cool:

Stacey C-Anonymouze@aol.com

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

JUST say NO... to CENSORSHIP*!

Also member of LinkedIn, Erexchange and DonRockwell.

the resignations are usually posted in the annoucements section and noted at the top of the main forums page.  at least the last 3 or 4 resignations over the past few weeks have been.  link

Who ever looks there? I have the Jersey forum bookmarked & then hop around to other forums that interest me.

In addition to being a wonderfully succinct food writer, Rosie always struck me as a generous & gracious soul. Her input here will be missed.

Jason - while I'm not sure that "succinct" applies :wink:, "wonderful food writer" certainly does, & I will miss his posts as well.

Or perhaps both still will post? Resignation doesn't necessarily = completely dropping out?

Anyway good luck & fortune to both.

Thank God for tea! What would the world do without tea? How did it exist? I am glad I was not born before tea!

- Sydney Smith, English clergyman & essayist, 1771-1845

Oh, dear! Resigning doesn't necessarily mean legacy participant status, so let's hope that Rosie and gang et al CONTINUE to brighten our wonderful, complex ever changing eGullet! Rosie, here's a rose for you!

@-------------------

Edited by Rebecca263 (log)

More Than Salt

Visit Our Cape Coop Blog

Cure Cutaneous Lymphoma

Join the DarkSide---------------------------> DarkSide Member #006-03-09-06

Rebecca's Rose for Rosie... that is nice! I'll try to make one for you too Rebecca my friend!

@>----,---'-'---,--

Again, let's hope we keep hearing from the fine retiree's here as time goes on.

Edited by Anonymouze (log)

Stacey C-Anonymouze@aol.com

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

JUST say NO... to CENSORSHIP*!

Also member of LinkedIn, Erexchange and DonRockwell.

I'll add my thanks for a job well done.

Rosie has been a class act, from the FoodBytes days to the present.

Best of luck in whatever you choose to do going forward.

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

Call me naive, but I have a difficult time understanding the meaning of "retirement" as it refers to Egullet. I assume one will continue to goto restaurants, continue to eat, and continue to be interested in food. Posting a comment on Eg may take 3-5 minutes. Why does someone have to "retire"? Surely these recent "retirees" are still eating, and have a few extra minutes in their day to post? Help!!

Yes, TRULY, a class act all the way. I will miss her regular commentary and opinions, but I hope she will still frequent these pages often. I'm a huge fan.

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"

Call me naive, but I have a difficult time understanding the meaning of "retirement" as it refers to Egullet.  I assume one will continue to goto restaurants, continue to eat, and continue to be interested in food.  Posting a comment on Eg may take 3-5 minutes.  Why does someone have to "retire"?  Surely these recent "retirees" are still eating, and have a few extra minutes in their day to post?  Help!!

I take it to mean retirement from official managing and hosting duties which would take much more time than just posting.

Thank you for your stewardship of the NJ board, Rosie. Good luck in any new ventures, and I hope you and other retirees continue to post when you have time!

"Under the dusty almond trees, ... stalls were set up which sold banana liquor, rolls, blood puddings, chopped fried meat, meat pies, sausage, yucca breads, crullers, buns, corn breads, puff pastes, longanizas, tripes, coconut nougats, rum toddies, along with all sorts of trifles, gewgaws, trinkets, and knickknacks, and cockfights and lottery tickets."

-- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, 1962 "Big Mama's Funeral"

I never got the chance to interact with Rosie personally, but I see the influence she feels, and I've seen what happens when a board moderator needs to take their bows and step off the stage. Thanks for your professionalism and spirit. You will be missed!

"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside" -Mark Twain

"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock 'n roll." -Shigeru Miyamoto, creator of The Legend of Zelda, circa 1990

As we announced over here, Rosie is only retiring from her staff duties. We hope she will post as often as her busy schedule allows.

With that, and with heartfelt thanks to Rosie for her tireless efforts on the part of eGullet.com and the eGullet Society, we're going to close this topic. Please PM Rosie with your appreciation.

Dave Scantland
Executive director
dscantland@eGstaff.org
eG Ethics signatory

Eat more chicken skin.