• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

belle de brillet actual cognac?

Snowy is dead

I am a big fan of belle de brillet, the poire william/cognac liquor. I was recently told that belle de brillet makes an actual cognac similar to calvados, but with pears. Is there any truth to this? I have yet to see it. I would love to get a bottle in MA.

Sean

I am a big fan of belle de brillet, the poire william/cognac liquor.  I was recently told that belle de brillet makes an actual cognac similar to calvados, but with pears.  Is there any truth to this?  I have yet to see it.  I would love to get a bottle in MA. 

Sean

Only info I'm finding on Brillet's Website indicates that there are two strengths of the Poire Williams/Cognac blend. I don't see any mention of a distilled-from-pears Cognac as you've suggested.

BTW the Brillet Pineau de Charentes is really delicious as well.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

I am a big fan of belle de brillet, the poire william/cognac liquor.  I was recently told that belle de brillet makes an actual cognac similar to calvados, but with pears.  Is there any truth to this?  I have yet to see it.  I would love to get a bottle in MA. 

Sean

I discovered this belle de brillet, last year. It's fabulous!

Sorry, haven't seen the cognac.