• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

How can I decide?

sarashrugs

My boyfriend and I arrive on Sat April 29 the in the afternoon. Where should we eat dinner? Restaurant August, K Paul's, or Upperline? On Sunday we are going to Jazzfest where I'm looking forward to eating more than anything, and afterwards meeting up with friends for dinner someplace. On Monday 5 of us are having dinner at Jacques Imo's. I think I want to go to the Napoleon House on Sunday for a muffaletta sandwich, but maybe I can get a good muffaletta at the fairgrounds and should go somewhere else for dinner and just have drinks at the Napoleon House. I love to eat but haven't got a lot of experience with fine dining and my boyfriend likes absolutely everything. We will be having lunch somewhere on Monday any suggestions? Galatoire's or Antoine's? How do I decide between those two places? Thank's for any ideas and suggestions, we won't be renting a car so unfortunately Longbranch is out.

a couple of other suggestions for Saturday night,

Lilette

or Alberta on Magazine

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

August-can't miss

Herbsaint (I ate there the other night and had what I consider one of the three finest meals that I have had since they let us back into town-the other two being one at the Longbranch and the other at my house). You'll dig it. I promise.

Upperline

Lillette

Brigsten's (it's great, but do not, under any circumstances, skip dessert-get the pecan pie and after you take the first stratospherically good bite, look at the ceiling and thank your lucky stars that I told you to order it no matter what-it's the best pecan pie on this or any other planet)

Watch the Offbeat for my food recs for the Jazz Festival. It should be out pretty shortly before you arrive for the fair.

It's going to be a great 10 days. The best ever. No doubt about it.

Brooks Hamaker, aka "Mayhaw Man"

There's a train everyday, leaving either way...

Tough choice. I love Upperline, but Herbsaint and August and K-Paul's are all excellent as well.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

My humble suggestion, go to any of the fore mentioned places, eat and have fun, then ask the waitstaff where they recommend to have a drink or eat. They are more inclined to recommend local places, great food or great atmosphere , or both. Its just a more direct line to the end results.Especially Franks place(Brigtens') they are the best ambassadors for the local scene.

Edited by Timh (log)