• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hangover Breakfast Solutions

tommy

Just ran across this thread and Tommy is right, stay drunk. If this isn't possible try 3 double cheee White Castles no grease filter :biggrin:

I'm a NYC expat. Since coming to the darkside, as many of my freinds have said, I've found that most good things in NYC are made in NJ.

• 4 weeks later...

I actually have a method that has *some* scientific grounding... Pedialyte!

It's a medicinal beverage for severely dehydrated babies (think gatorade on steroids.) Tastes like filth, but a couple of good chugs in the morning (or preferably, the evening before) miraculously works quite well. It's worthwhile to keep a sixer in the fridge for weekend emergency usage ;)

It also comes in "freezer pops" if drinking any more just seems like a bad idea...

http://www.pedialyte.com/

-s

• 7 months later...
Alka Seltzer Morning Relief.

The only problem is the caffeine it contains, combined with a cup of coffee, will have your hands shaking all day.

:wacko:

A martini cures the shaking hands--provided you get the glass to your mouth without spilling all of it.

A martini cures the shaking hands--provided you get the glass to your mouth without spilling all of it.

that's what pint glasses were invited for.

This is exactly the type of information that keeps me returning to eGullet.

In fact, I've a pint glass in the freezer with the gin. Time to go home. :cool:

bacon egg & cheese on a bagel & cold cold grape juice... we discovered the grape juice one day when there happened to be some in the restaurant an chef and I were WAAAAAAAYYYYYY hungover it has become our miracle cure

closely followed by cheeseburger & glaceau (sp) vitamin water in revive aka dragonfruit that's what I took for my birthday Tequila/champagne hangover (really fun night but in the morning my god I thought I was going to die as I crawled home at 8am ; ) hey it was a good night just a bad bad day slept on one of the couches in my bar for 3 hours)

"sometimes I comb my hair with a fork" Eloise

Oh yeah, a wake and bake will make you feel dramatically better, taking that bitter edge off so you don't go around saying "I'm hung-the-fuck-over".

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

What's a hangover?

Noise is music. All else is food.

O'reillys Irish pub opposite the Bourse (their Stock Exchange) in BRU (Brussels) on weekends is open till 7 AM (yup! that's correct). They serve a hearty Irish breakfast as a hangover breakfast with a pint of stout :biggrin:

anil

While living in Brazil a few years ago I found they used a before getting wrecked pill called Engov,it came in a wrapper with two pills one for the morning after as well.Anyone who has had a night on the caipirinas knows these people know how to drink! :cool:

Weekend: Preferably I'm in Halifax, where I can head to the Apple Barrel and get the Barrel of a Breakfast: three scrambled eggs, three pieces of overbuttered wheat toast, six strips of close-to-raw bacon and two slabs of back bacon. They have other options for the artery-hardening portion of your complete breakfast (if you're hardcore, you can go the Legere route: nine sausages. I think I'd rather staple my nuts together, but it works for him). Pint of Keith's or Guinness and then lots of black coffee. Huevos Rancheros are another favorite, but that depends on the reverse-digestion-content of the previous evening's activities.

Weekday: Call in dead. However, this isn't always practical - so it's Powerade (pref. the silver kind), a couple slices of toast with crunchy peanut butter, and a small arseload of painkillers. If it's desperate, try Celebrex: you'll be so loopy the hangover will seem like a joke by comparison :smile:

Todd McGillivray

"I still throw a few back, talk a little smack, when I'm feelin' bulletproof..."

• 1 month later...

My mom just confessed her love for Mountain Dew when she's hungover.

Which is funny, because she turns her nose up at it and calls it "hillbilly piss" at all other times.

Noise is music. All else is food.

• 2 weeks later...

This is antedotal -- don't know first hand if it works.

I was working for a distributor, and the executive dining room at a major bank always ordered huge quantities of Yahoo. I mentioned out loud one day that this cracked me up -- banker bigwigs drinking Yahoo, and my co-workers all seemed to know that it is a cure for hangovers.

I've only gotten hung over once (that's not to say I only drank heavily once), and I don't remember which alcohol (or combination) caused it. Anyway, I applaud you all for even *thinking* about eating when hung over. I slept all day.

I've only gotten hung over once

Funny, in the 80's I think I only woke up without a hang-over once. You're the anti-me. :blink:

Menudo works wonders, spiced up and served with tar thick black coffee (no room for subtlety in these situations).