• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Nuts In Honey

djzouke

You might try grinding up the hazelnuts in the honey. I got some paste like that in Italy that has a nutella like flavor only much more sublime.

Drizzling the nuts and honey over various kinds of hard Italian cheeses could be incredible.

You might try grinding up the hazelnuts in the honey. I got some paste like that in Italy that has a nutella like flavor only much more sublime.

Drizzling the nuts and honey over various kinds of hard Italian cheeses could be incredible.

Mix with yogurt, like the Greeks do (sublime), or put on top of good vanilla ice cream.

Try them garnishing some Spanish cheeses like Manchego or Garroxta. Mmmmmm....

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

grab a spoon and dig in...

I always attempt to have the ratio of my intelligence to weight ratio be greater than one. But, I am from the midwest. I am sure you can now understand my life's conundrum.

They might also make nice adornments, applied judiciously, to crepes or french toast. Maybe the crepes would be nice stuffed with plain or slightly sweetend ricotta.

"Under the dusty almond trees, ... stalls were set up which sold banana liquor, rolls, blood puddings, chopped fried meat, meat pies, sausage, yucca breads, crullers, buns, corn breads, puff pastes, longanizas, tripes, coconut nougats, rum toddies, along with all sorts of trifles, gewgaws, trinkets, and knickknacks, and cockfights and lottery tickets."

-- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, 1962 "Big Mama's Funeral"

Crepes sound like a great use. How about rolled in a crepe with cooked apple and a dusting of nutmeg and cinnamon, with or without ricotta.

Edited by pigeonpie (log)

One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.

Virginia Woolf