• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Barbados rums

ctgm

As I have mentioned on previous threads I think it a shame that Barbados doesn't produce some top top quality rums. They do make nice ones but they all seem to me a little on the commercial side. Are there any out there that I have missed???

It seems that their is mixed opinions whether Mount Gay Extra Old or Cockspur VSOR is better but I presonally prefer Doorly's XO to both of them, and I am enjoying the bottle that I picked up for B$26 (US$13) in the supermarket.

Edited by ctgm (log)

Some independant bottlers have some great Barbados Rum. Samaroli and Cadenhead are just 2 of them. These are straight from the cask, with just some non chilled filtering. No caramel added. They should be available in the US or via internet. Otherwise I can help you with some bottles.

The more information, the better.

Rene van Hoven

www.Rumpages.com