• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

help me find....

I had such good luck last time with everybody's recommendations that I'm back to ask again! I'll be visiting again at the end of April.

I'm looking for good places to try:

Dolsot bibimbap

Tonkatsu

Pho and other Vietnamese food

Morrocan food

Raw oysters

Dimsum

All preferably in the North Bend/Bellevue/Redmond/Issaquah area, but we're willing to go further out!

Also, there was this Korean restuarant I went to a while back, and for the life of me I can't remember where it was. They served the panchan buffet style, so you could pick what you want and eat all you wanted. I go the impression it was in some sort of office complex. Any idea what the name of the place is?

--Ken

Dolsot bibimbap - Hosoonyi

Tonkatsu - It's not traditional but the best thing on the Wasabi Bistro menu is the panko breaded fried pork chop $20. It's probably sacrilegious to call it tonkatsu, but if you like tonkatsu, you'll love this!

Pho and other Vietnamese food - Monsoon (kobe beef pho), Pho Cyclo, Tamarind Tree

Morrocan food - Marrekesh (not great, but if that's what you're looking for.)

Raw oysters - Waterfront, Oceanaire, Union, Mistral

Dimsum - Imperial Garden Seafood Restaurant, Honey Court

None of these are in the North Bend/Bellevue/Redmond/Issaquah area. If we had to limit to that area, you might starve to death!

Edited by hhlodesign (log)

I second Green Leaf for Vietnamese. Tamarind tree is also good.

Jade Garden is good for dim sum but can get pretty crowded.

Takohachi has tonkatsu and a lot other similar Japanese foods. Their hours are kind of weird though, so you might want to look into that before going.

Like most of the other reccomendations, all of these are in Seattle. I'm not super familiar with the east side...

I'd add Fort St George for tonkatsu in the ID. If you want to stay on the eastside the best options there for oysters are probably McCormick and Schmick's and SeaStar. I would second Brooklyn and Union in Seattle itself, though Union only has one or two varieties available on any given day they do get some really great oysters. No matter what though, I would say to look for Totten Virginicas on the oyster menu wherever you end up. On the eastside for dimsum try King's, formerly Ming's. If you're really willing to travel for dimsum though go to Vancouver. :biggrin:

Rocky