• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Honeymoon in B.C.

Katie Nell

Thank you for a great report, Katie.

We arrived at Fresco about ten minutes late for our reservation, and even though I phoned ahead to let them know we were going to be late; the hostess did give our table away to another couple.  She said that the couple “wouldn’t take no for answer” even though there were several other tables in the restaurant; she also knew it was our wedding night.  I don’t want to dwell on the negatives because everything else was wonderful, and in the moment I didn’t let it bother me, but looking back, I can’t help but be a little irked!  Jamie had also sent over a bottle of wine to go with our dessert, and when that happened, the hostess came over and said, “Oh, when I found out Jamie had sent you over a bottle of wine, I just knew I had to come over and find out who this lovely couple was!!”  Guess I should have mentioned that I knew Jamie earlier!!  :wink:  Oh well… the rest of the evening was lovely so it definitely didn’t overshadow it! 

I'd be more than a little irked by such treatment.

Cheers,

Anne

Thank you for a great report, Katie.

We arrived at Fresco about ten minutes late for our reservation, and even though I phoned ahead to let them know we were going to be late; the hostess did give our table away to another couple.  She said that the couple “wouldn’t take no for answer” even though there were several other tables in the restaurant; she also knew it was our wedding night.  I don’t want to dwell on the negatives because everything else was wonderful, and in the moment I didn’t let it bother me, but looking back, I can’t help but be a little irked!  Jamie had also sent over a bottle of wine to go with our dessert, and when that happened, the hostess came over and said, “Oh, when I found out Jamie had sent you over a bottle of wine, I just knew I had to come over and find out who this lovely couple was!!”  Guess I should have mentioned that I knew Jamie earlier!!  :wink:  Oh well… the rest of the evening was lovely so it definitely didn’t overshadow it! 

I'd be more than a little irked by such treatment.

I think I might have used a few strategic tears, and a very loud but piteous "BUT IT'S MY WEDDING DAY! AND YOU KNEW THAT!"

Shocking.

Agenda-free since 1966.

Foodblog: Power, Convection and Lies

Lovely report Katie, and congratulations on your marriage. :smile:

Question for anyone who might have an answer, I'm curious about the Atlantic Salmon at Go Fish........ why Atlantic? :unsure:

"If cookin' with tabasco makes me white trash, I don't wanna be recycled."

courtesy of jsolomon

Katie, what an amazing report and an amazing trip you had!

For those of you who haven't met her, Katie is about 90 pounds soaking wet; you'd never dream she could eat like that! :laugh:

I'm jealous! :raz: