• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New book: "An Edge in the Kitchen"

Chad

How can there already be 8 in the "used" section! I hadn't read this topic til today and was totally out of the loop, but now I'm jazzed! I've never had the time or patience to work on my knife skills, but now it seems doable - looking forward to not lopping off my finger tips with my Globals :)

"You like me! You really, really like me!" :biggrin:

Thanks folks, I appreciate the kindness and early reviews.

By the way, how's the color in the center section? I have a case of books that were some of the first off the presses. The colors are super saturated. The peeled tomato in the concassé section looks like it was just pulled, beating, from someone's chest. :shock:

Chad

Edited by Chad (log)

Chad Ward

An Edge in the Kitchen

William Morrow Cookbooks

www.chadwrites.com

"You like me! You really, really like me!"  :biggrin:

Thanks folks, I appreciate the kindness and early reviews.

By the way, how's the color in the center section? I have a case of books that were some of the first off the presses. The colors are super saturated. The peeled tomato in the concassé section looks like it was just pulled, beating, from someone's chest.  :shock:

Chad

The colours are perfect in mine. Didn't mistake it for a still beating heart however.

Woohoo!

gallery_8529_2752_10502.jpg

An Edge in the Kitchen broke the Top 100 in Amazon's Cooking, Food & Wine bestsellers. No doubt fueled by a very kind mention on Michael Ruhlman's blog.

I should have taken the screen shot earlier. I was #88 first thing this morning. :rolleyes:

This is too cool.

Chad

Chad Ward

An Edge in the Kitchen

William Morrow Cookbooks

www.chadwrites.com

• 3 weeks later...

The eGullet Society would like to thank Chad and his publisher for permission to reprint an excerpt from An Edge in the Kitchen in The Daily Gullet, and for agreeing to answer our questions as well. Click here for the new discussion.

Thanks, Chad, and congratulations!