• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

'Good To Go' new show coming: Paula's boys

Gifted Gourmet

Paula Deen's website

This is part of an interview with Jamie and Bobby Deen, the sons of Paula Deen, who will be hosts of their new show this fall. Called Good to Go, the show will focus on travel with a food focus. Say, wasn't it Ming Tsai who first coined the expression "Good to Go"? :hmmm: I could have sworn it was ...

BD- It's titled 'Good To Go'. It will be a prime time show. It's a travel show, and not a traditional cooking show like Paula's.

JD- It's the old 'Food Finds' premise with a different slant. We'll actually be in the businesses interacting with the owners.

What are y'all looking forward to doing with the show?

BD- Traveling, man. Seeing the country.

JD- We'll have the opportunity to travel around and highlight small businesses. And we're excited to get to travel the country and meet small business owners who have great passion for their business like we do. Television is a powerful tool to use to grow through exposure.

Sound like something worth your time?

Read the interview if for no other reason than to see pictures of Paula Deen as she looked with dark hair ... :wink:

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

• 4 weeks later...

Ya' know Paula's boy's are no Anthony Bourdain but they aren't exactly hard on the eyes so I don't mind seeing them on their own show- Let's be fair it's Food Network and they are as qualified as anyone else on that network of having a show. But hasn't this show already been done... let's see I think it used to be called...

"Roker On The Road" or maybe it was called "The Best Of" - no wait wasn't it "Dweezil & Lisa" (a show I liked)?... Oh how silly of me it was called "Food Finds"!.. no...wait, maybe it was...

Ok the point being could they have found nothing better for Jamie and Bobby then a show they have remade at least 5 times?.

could they have found nothing better for Jamie and Bobby then a show they have remade at least 5 times?.

I rather imagine that Paula Deen's fine hand is very much "behind the scenes" and "guiding" her boys as well as Food Network in this endeavor ... the contention is that it will be something new and different .. only time, and the viewers, will tell .. the ratings will reflect this as well ... :hmmm:

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

i guess that means we should expect a show next year for her husband. after all, he has to work a whopping one day a year delivering presents. oh that's right, he's a tugboat operator or something. *wink wink* nevermind.

the food network really needs a show highlighting the cuisine of the north pole.

Edited by carpetbagger, esq. (log)

So much for the Food Network catering to 20-30something males--and thank goodness! I don't really care if the show is any good--I'll watch with the sound off if it's those two... :wink:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."