• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Veritas

Felonius

But the buzz around his new menu didn't really start until the fall, I'd say.

I'm not really sure it has gotten the buzz it deserves even yet. But that's sort of typical of any chef change, as it always takes a few months for the new menu to be fully installed, and a while longer for those with a penchant for writing to get around to visiting.

• 5 months later...

This may sound a very redundant question, but since I heard several months ago that Scott Bryan was no longer the chef, I wondered what happened to him or where he went to? I haven't been able to find any information about it.

This may sound a very redundant question, but since I heard several months ago that Scott Bryan was no longer the chef, I wondered what happened to him or where he went to? I haven't been able to find any information about it.

Scott Bryan was actually two chefs ago. He was replaced by Ed Cotton, who I believe is now executive chef at BLT Market. And Ed Cotton was replaced last year by Gregory Pugin, who had been executive chef at L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon.

Scott Bryan was actually two chefs ago. He was replaced by Ed Cotton, who I believe is now executive chef at BLT Market. And Ed Cotton was replaced last year by Gregory Pugin, who had been executive chef at L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon.

I don't know who's putting out this misinformation (I seem to see it everywhere, and the PR materials from Veritas, as I recall, almost imply this) but Gregory Pugin was NOT the executive chef at l'Atelier Robuchon. He was a sous chef--quite a difference.

Thank you HappyLab and oakapple for the update. We had a wonderful meal there in November '06, with many happy memories, so I was very curious to know what happened.

It's gotten MUCH MUCH MUCH better.

Really? Wow, that's very impressive, because we had a fantastic meal there. If I'm ever back in NYC I'll definitely go there again.