• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

joselito and bacalao over the internet

Dear Friends, :wub:

Kindly take a second or two to become aware of my serious condition and its remedy.

I have just finished a leg of Joselito's Gran Reserva. It was 7 1/2 kilos and lasted almost a year.

At the same time, another blow hit my larder. With tears in my eyes I had to cook the last four remaining pieces of bacalao, the pil-pil cut.

As my travel plans will not take me to Spain for a few months, is there any decent e-shop you know that I could buy joselito and bacalao from?

I hope there is at least one noble and able soul, who will help me resolve the urgent condition I am confined in.

Thank you :rolleyes:

athinaeos

civilization is an everyday affair

the situation is hopeless, but not very serious

Dear Friends,  :wub:

Kindly take a second or two to become aware of my serious condition and its remedy.

I have just finished a leg of Joselito's Gran Reserva. It was 7 1/2 kilos and lasted almost a year.

At the same time, another blow hit my larder. With tears in my eyes I had to cook the last four remaining pieces of bacalao, the pil-pil cut.

As my travel plans will not take me to Spain for a few months, is there any decent e-shop you know that I could buy joselito and bacalao from?    

I hope there is at least one noble and able soul, who will help me resolve the urgent condition I am confined in.

Thank you  :rolleyes:

A leg of Joselito lasted you a year! :smile:  How did you keep it? My girlfriend often argues that we wouldn't get through a whle leg but if we can keep it good condition for a year I might be able to persuade her  :laugh:

Incidentally Brindisa supply Joselito gran reserva in London, I'm not sure where you are based so don't know whether they will be able to help you.

Edited by Matthew Grant (log)

"Why would we want Children? What do they know about food?"

A leg of Joselito lasted you a year! :smile:  How did you keep it?

Thank you for the tip, but they do not seem to ship to Greece.

I used to buy cuts of joselito, but in one of my trips to Sevilla, I decided to buy the whole leg and have not regretted it.

I live in Athens, Greece and the weather is not helping as it gets hot for many months during the year. So I used my Liebherr Wine Cooler. The leg was wrapped in grease proof paper and rested nicely on a shelf and left space for a few botles.

My best man lives in Munich and kept a leg for a year in his basement for the whole year. The average temperature in his basement is 14 degrees on the Celsius scale.

As I understand you are based in England. Unless you live in a greenhouse I see no reason for you not to become a proud owner of a joselito leg.

Let me know if you need more information.

athinaeos

civilization is an everyday affair

the situation is hopeless, but not very serious

If you travel to Spain occasionally or have friends that live there, and you live within the EU, you might be able to strike up an arrangement.

I have a friend in Madrid who keeps me supplied with a hand-picked jamon iberico de bellota (usually from the Valle de Los Pedroches). The jamon shop at the entrance to the Boqueria market in Barcelona will also ship within the EU if you make proper arrangements.

I know I can buy Joselito in London, but these jamones are cheaper, specially chosen by expert friends and actually more convenient to get home than lugging it through the Tube.

What I would really like to know is what it takes to get first-rate bacalao and tripas de bacalao in London.