• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Great Service

i figured it is time to start this thread about the service part of the restaurant industry. where did you have great service in montreal, or in eastern canada? i'll start by saying that the waitstaff at Europea has always been pleasant, confident, and competent each time I've been there. keep this thread in mind when you get great service...

"Bells will ring, ting-a-ling-a-ling, ting.... the bell... bing... 'moray" -John Daker

The service at Le St-Christophe in Ste-Rose, just north of the city is fantastic. Warm and professional without being intrusive. Also north of the city is a little place called Le Petit Prince in Morin Heights (the Laurentians) right near the ski hill of the same name. Gaietan (I don't know how to spell it) is the owner and maitre d'. By far the gentlest most considerate host. They used to do an "all you can eat" lamb night on Thursday's that was amazing. His caribou is still the best I've ever had.

I second Le St-Christophe and I also admire the service at Derriere les Fagots just down the street.

I have had great service in many unexpected places. Some of the old french restaurants really impress, like Le Mas des Oliviers and Chez Queux. No comment about Chez la Mere Michel. :wink:

Good service, bad service.... I guess I'd better zip it up and go away, since all I seem to acomplish is getting threads closed. And poor Carswell mangled.

Sorry folks!!

It's lurkin' time.

Over and Out.

:cool:

Edited by sf&m (log)

<delurk>

Ribo, nothing weired happend. I think they have a post checking system that triggers on certain words and pops up the post on a management screen. Nothing bad was said unless you take it completely out of context and have no sense of humour. Like a computer program.

But I could see why they need a program like that to stop flame wars from bursting open.

Carry on with your excellent postings from the Montreal resto scene.

I will be listening in..

</delurk>

Good service, bad service.... I guess I'd better zip it up and go away, since all I seem to acomplish is getting threads closed.  And poor Carswell mangled.

Sorry folks!!

It's lurkin' time.

Over and Out.

:cool:

why what happedn to carswell? i am back in town now looking for more good tips from him and others

Le Caprices is closed for good now, too bad, if only owners would pay their staff we wouldnt have these probblems

Les Caprices de Nicolas??? or ???

Les Caprices de Nicolas did close down for good, but I heard the owner and the chefs will be back up and running hopefully in the beginning of May under a new name, new concept and a new menu (more affordable).

Should be interesting to see what's going to happen.