• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mondavi Private Reserve

djsexyb

ooops, but in wrong title...

Mondavi Private SELECTION

i was wondering if some fellow members could lend their opinions/knowledge, not only on tasting notes of these wines, but also on their philosphy (ie, why is their price point so low, comparitively to what they are supplying) i have been looking fo ras much info as i can on these wines for a customer of mine and am frankly coming up a little short handed, aside for the info provided on the mondavi website. thanks in advance.

Edited by djsexyb (log)

Grand Cru Productions

Private High End Dinners and Personal Chef Service

in Chicago, Illinois

For more information email me at:

grandcruproductions@hotmail.com

ooops, but in wrong title...

Mondavi Private SELECTION

i was wondering if some fellow members could lend their opinions/knowledge, not only on tasting notes of these wines, but also on their philosphy (ie, why is their price point so low, comparitively to what they are supplying) i have been looking fo ras much info as i can on these wines for a customer of mine and am frankly coming up a little short handed, aside for the info provided on the mondavi website. thanks in advance.

The Mondavi Private Selection line is their bulk wine. It is normally from the CA coastal sections, as opposed to Napa or Sonoma. It is often pleasant, easy to drink, but ordinary. Compare it to BV Coastal and you will see why it is priced as it is.

ah, i understand, thanks for the comparing to Beaulieu Vinaeyards. i really made the connection with that one.

Grand Cru Productions

Private High End Dinners and Personal Chef Service

in Chicago, Illinois

For more information email me at:

grandcruproductions@hotmail.com