• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Recommendations for Toulouse

Haninger

I just moved to Toulouse, France and would appreciate any recommendations for markets, bakeries, and dining. I'm interested in all types of food and price ranges, not just fancy restaurants. Thank you very much!

I just moved to Toulouse, France and would appreciate any recommendations for markets, bakeries, and dining. I'm interested in all types of food and price ranges, not just fancy restaurants. Thank you very much!

Saturday-Sunday's Figaro has an article on p 38 with lots of ratings. I'll be posting the summary on the Digest in the next 48 hours.

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

Saturday-Sunday's Figaro has an article on p 38 with lots of ratings. I'll be posting the summary on the Digest in the next 48 hours.

At the risk of double posting but to make these results more easily searchable, here is the essence of the weekend's Figaro, devoted to Toulouse, apparently pegged to the First Feast of World Gastronomy, March 27-29th. The Figaro staff rated the top twenty restaurants as follows: first food, then price-quality, then total (1-20 out of 20):

Michel Serran 3.5 3 15

Les Jardins de l’Opera 4 4 14.5

Rotisserie des Carmes 3.5 4.5 14

Le Mas de Dardagna 3.5 3.5 14

Le Mauzac 4 4.5 14

La Corde 3 4 13.5

Le Cantou 3 3 13

Emile 3 3 12.5

Atmospheres 3 3 12

Le Pois Gourmand 3 3 11.5

Le 19 2.5 3 11

Le Cosi Fan Tuti 3 2.5 11

Le 7 3 3 11

Le Japan 3 2.5 11

l’Empereur de Hue 2.5 2.5 10.5

Le Met 2.5 2.5 10.5

Chez Carmen 2.5 3 10.5

Le Bouchon Lyonnais 2 2.5 10.5

El Pescador 3 2 9.5

Le Velane 2 2 9

John Talbott

I wonder if "Le 7" is 7 Place St-Sernin, of the same address (05 62 30 05 30), near the Basilica. We had such a good dinner there several years ago that we returned twice more. Very good value for the money.

I dined chez michel serran last oct.Nice atmosphere and friendly staff.

Good and interesting dishes.Also i think the rapport qualite /prix was very good

I wonder if "Le 7" is 7 Place St-Sernin, of the same address (05 62 30 05 30), near the Basilica.  We had such a good dinner there several years ago that we returned twice more.  Very good value for the money.

Yes it is. And Le 19 is at 19, descente de la Halle 05.34.31.94.84

John Talbott

Don't forget to get back to us, please, after you have settled in, for your inside scoop on the restaurant scene in Toulouse. Like some of that great Toulousain Cassoulet!

Are you an American ex-pat? Why Toulouse?

I wonder if "Le 7" is 7 Place St-Sernin, of the same address (05 62 30 05 30), near the Basilica.  We had such a good dinner there several years ago that we returned twice more.  Very good value for the money.

Fantastic! I can't wait to try it!

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
Off to explore the countryside `round Toulouse in early April.  Any ideas for charming B&Bs in the nearby countryside would be much appreciated.

Can give you two good possibilities that are right next to each other. Both are about one hour North of Toulouse in the countryside.

1) link to this place. Small stone cottage for two people. Recently renovated. Not normally a B & B, but I suspect that Jean would give you breakfast if you asked.

2) 2ond link. B & B run by a Belgian couple. Warm welcome assured. Bravo is a great cook so you can probably get dinner as well as breakfast if you like.

If you decide to book either one lets us know & you can come up to our place for a drink.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...