• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Brunch in the Princeton Area

SaxChik

I'm going to meet my dad and his wife for brunch on Sunday, April 2nd. I'm from PA and he's near the shore, so I thought Princeton would be a nice place to meet ... maybe hit the U museum or just stroll Nassau Street.

What are some nice brunch places in or near Princeton? I grew up in the Hightstown area (haven't lived there in years), so I'm familiar with the suburbs.

I'm looking for someplace that's under $30 p/p, nice variety, maybe a little adventurous. It can be lunch, too, if it's a really great place that doesn't do brunch.

Thanks for your help!

"The perfect lover is one who turns into pizza at 4am."

Charles Pierce

Right in Palmer Square, Winberies has a brunch buffet, all of the usual items and although it's been a while, i remember them having great bloody marys.

Winberies

One Palmer Square

Princeton, NJ 08542

609.921.0700 Phone

609.497.1527 Fax

Main Stret Bistro has lunch. There is also a dim sum place in the Princeton Shopping Center, a few doors east of Main Street.

Lawrenceville Inn had a brunch, I think they still do it. They can be inconsitant, but at least it won't be the typical sterno food.

Alchemist and Barister will always be consistant, if not particulary inspired.

Big Fish at the Market Fair would be a good choice...not sure if its Brunch or Lunch.

Kalluri corner is Indian, northern part of nassau Street, they have a buffet.

Ferry House might be above your price range, worth a call.

Enjoy your brunch.

I'm going to meet my dad and his wife for brunch on Sunday, April 2nd.  I'm from PA and he's near the shore, so I thought Princeton would be a nice place to meet ... maybe hit the U museum or just stroll Nassau Street.

What are some nice brunch places in or near Princeton?  I grew up in the Hightstown area (haven't lived there in years), so I'm familiar with the suburbs. 

I'm looking for someplace that's under $30 p/p, nice variety, maybe a little adventurous.  It can be lunch, too, if it's a really great place that doesn't do brunch.

Thanks for your help!

I second Ferry House although Kim WB correctly indicates the high price there. This is the only decent resto in Princeton in my opinion if you don't count Conti's Pizza which doesn't do brunch.

Acacia in Lawrenceville is very good but I don't know if they have lunch or brunch but they are open on Sunday.

I too would have mentioned this but I thoought they wanted Princeton proper. A good choice indeed if you can get there, also not sure about brunch but call ahead

609*895*9885

Acacia in Lawrenceville is very good but I don't know if they have lunch or brunch but they are open on Sunday.

I too would have mentioned this but I thoought they wanted Princeton proper. A good choice indeed if you can get there, also not sure about brunch but call ahead

609*895*9885

around is fine, too. as i stated, i grew up in the highstown area, so i'm pretty familiar with the burbs o' princeton.

thanks for all the suggestions thus far! (i remember eating at acacia fairly soon after they opened and liking it a lot).

"The perfect lover is one who turns into pizza at 4am."

Charles Pierce