• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Asparagus Foam

Mussina

I made one once by cooking the trimmings from asparagus for about 20 minutes in some stock, strained the stock, added a little Lecithin and then mixed with a bamix. If I remember correctly I added a few spinach leaves to help make it green in colour.

gallery_895_976_31778.jpg

"Why would we want Children? What do they know about food?"

I made one once by cooking the trimmings from asparagus for about 20 minutes in some stock, strained the stock, added a little Lecithin and then mixed with a bamix. If I remember correctly I added a few spinach leaves to help make it green in colour.

Pretty! I made some last night -- par boiled the asparagus (not the tips), pureed with a little heavy cream, salt and pepper. I thinned it with milk and frothed with a hand blender. It was nice but I think it needed the Lecithin (which I just ordered) to hold the foam a bit better. Thanks for all the input.

PS - if you add a little sugar or honey to your ice bath when you shock your green vegetables they will hold their green color better

Pretty! I made some last night -- par boiled the asparagus (not the tips), pureed with a little heavy cream, salt and pepper. I thinned it with milk and frothed with a hand blender. It was nice but I think it needed the Lecithin (which I just ordered) to hold the foam a bit better. Thanks for all the input.

PS - if you add a little sugar or honey to your ice bath when you shock your green vegetables they will hold their green color better

Sorry for the misplaced implication! Yours are stunning (It was just a random thought I had when I saw your reference to adding spinach leaves to the foam).