• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Trios Rivieres

wkl

I picked up a bottle of the 10 year Trois Rivieres in St Martin last year. wodering what the more experienced tasters think of this rum. The guy I bought it from said the original distillery had burned down and with the new one came more of a commitment to quality. At first I wasn't sure I liked this rum but it's evolved a bit over the year and I am enjoying it alot now.

I'll be back in St Martin next week and am considering buying some more of this and prehaps the older bottlings. I think there was 15 and 30 year old.

Any opinions are appreciated.

Thanks.

The Trois Rivieres distillery didn't burn down. But the distillation columns and production were moved to LaMauny, I can't confirm that there is now a greater commitment to quality as LaMauny is one of the biggest distilleries on the island.

Some of the old rhums from Trois Rivieres are quite good, others lack depth. They tend to be dry, but pleasant. Try adding a little water as most of these are bottled at 45% alcohol.

Edward Hamilton

Ministry of Rum.com

The Complete Guide to Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'll take it.