• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Someone's having a laugh......which food

But, but, I like baby corn, especially pickled. :rolleyes:

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

Holy Oats, are you kidding? My daughter would have gone hungry at school during the last half of third grade if it wasn't for baby corn! She wouldn't eat anything that we packed for lunch, if there was no baby corn accompaniment.

More Than Salt

Visit Our Cape Coop Blog

Cure Cutaneous Lymphoma

Join the DarkSide---------------------------> DarkSide Member #006-03-09-06

Baby corn is creepy.....

t

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

But, but, I like baby corn, especially pickled.   :rolleyes:

But try it some time when you're sober!

SB :wink:

I am permanently sober, and I am at present consuming a dish of mixed pickles, home made by me, with 4 baby corn ears in the mix.

I often add them to vegetable salads, and people always seem to eat them first. Come to think of it, when I used to do catering and had baby corn in the salad buffet setup, they were one of the items that needed replenshing often.

However if you don't like them that just means there is more for those of us who do.

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

Baby corn.

The true abomination on mankind.

I dunno....are you eating them out of a can? Canned stuff is always disgusting...fresh is better.

My vote is for brussel sprouts. They are just WRONG! Bitter pgymy cabbages. Or... in the words of my then-8-year-old sister..... "They taste like fart." :sad:

Baby corn.

I dunno....are you eating them out of a can? Canned stuff is always disgusting...fresh is better.

My vote is for brussel sprouts. They are just WRONG! Bitter pgymy cabbages. Or... in the words of my then-8-year-old sister..... "They taste like fart." :sad:

Finally somebody who knows that brussel sprouts are truly evil! I cannot even stand the smell of them cooking.

Never trust a skinny chef

Liver.

(Is there a barfing emoticon?)

:shock:

Ah the complexities of the palate and taste !!!

I love liver, calves liver to be precise, cooked rare with a shallot marmalade.

Food of the gods. :smile:

Here's another horror show though.......... horseradish.

For me it induces intant projectile vomiting. :unsure:

Ah the complexities of the palate and taste !!!...

Here's another horror show though.......... horseradish.

For me it induces intant projectile vomiting.  :unsure:

Horseradish and raw steak, yum! Liver, yum!

Now, fish or lamb eyeballs, not so edible to me, I'm sorry. Jello, no thank you. I suppose it is texture that creeps me out, but I adore a decent aspic, if coating a fish thinly, or crushed at the base of the plate.

More Than Salt

Visit Our Cape Coop Blog

Cure Cutaneous Lymphoma

Join the DarkSide---------------------------> DarkSide Member #006-03-09-06

Some abominable "foods":

Snails!

Anything that has suckers on its legs

Any part of a duck that is still bloody

rj

Martinis don't come from vodka and bacon don't come from turkeys!

Oops, forgot to include the food I wouldn't want to see around.

Lutefisk.

Tried it a couple times...no good...even with lots and lots of melted butter on it. For me I believe it is the smell that turns me off.

A island in a lake, on a island in a lake, is where my house would be if I won the lottery.

Baby corn.

Mike, try keeping a Microplane in the shower so those baby corns don't grow on you.

Hee hee...but, ew. :wink:

"We had dry martinis; great wing-shaped glasses of perfumed fire, tangy as the early morning air." - Elaine Dundy, The Dud Avocado

Queenie Takes Manhattan

eG Foodblogs: 2006 - 2007