• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

CharTruff

CharTruff

Hello!   

I've read this entire thread and am still confused on what my next brush/ gun should be.  I currently have the Paasche TG-3F airbrush with 0.66 mm needle tip. It has been working well but painting molds is just taking too long.  Just to give an idea, my smallest run is 25 molds.  As I'm prepping for the holiday, I will do about 80 molds/run.    I think HPLV gun is the next investment for me. But I'm not sure which HPLV is best.   I've read all the feedback on the Fuji system and not sure if I want to spend that much money when the system goes through quite a bit of cocoa butter and questions on consistent splattering technique.  

So I started looking at IWATA LPH 80- 104G (check it out here) and I'm thinking of pairing it with this compressor.  To be fair, I don't know if this gun will perform any better on overspray and splattering.  But, it's almost 1/3 of the price of the Fuji system.  But I read that @Kerry Bealdidn't have good luck with Iwata.  Kerry, did you try the Iwata's HPLV gun? Lastly, my mind started to wonder on the SATA 3000 gun that Melissa Coppel uses.  From a quick cursory note, it looks like the system (gun and compressor) will be about $1000-$1500. 

Ultimately, I want to buy a system that will support production 3-5 years from now.  I also have space constraints  (working in a shared kitchen).  With that said, would you still suggest the Fuji system?  Or do you think the IWATA will work?   I appreciate your suggestions or feedback.  

Thank you! 

CharTruff

CharTruff

Hello!   

I've read this entire thread and am still confused on what my next brush/ gun should be.  I currently have the Paasche TG-3F airbrush with 0.66 mm needle tip. It has been working well but painting molds is just taking too long.  Just to give an idea, my smallest run is 25 molds.  As I'm prepping for the holiday, I will do about 80 molds/run.    I think HPLV gun is the next investment for me. But I'm not sure which HPLV is best.   I've read all the feedback on the Fuji system and not sure if I want to spend that much money when the system goes through quite a bit of cocoa butter and questions on consistent splattering technique.  

So I started looking at IWATA LPH 80- 104G (check it out here) and I'm thinking of pairing it with this compressor.  To be fair, I don't know if this gum will perform any better on overspray and splattering.  But, it's almost 1/3 of the price of the Fuji system.  But I read that @Kerry Bealdidn't have good luck with Iwata.  Kerry, did you try the Iwata's HPLV gun? Lastly, my mind started to wonder on the SATA 3000 gun that Melissa Coppel uses.  From a quick cursory note, it looks like the system (gun and compressor) will be about $1000-$1500. 

Ultimately, I want to buy a system that will support production 3-5 years from now.  I also have space constraints  (working in a shared kitchen).  With that said, would you still suggest the Fuji system?  Or do you think the IWATA will work?   I appreciate your suggestions or feedback.  

Thank you!