• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Pastrypastmidnight

Pastrypastmidnight

On 1/25/2019 at 3:57 PM, Jim D. said:

@Pastrypastmidnight, that's very useful information to have in this thread. Do you have the model number (there are a couple of Minijets)? Sata is expensive but has a great reputation. And have you actually used it for splattering?

Melissa Coppel uses a 3000, I think. It starts with a 3. But that’s an old discontinued model, I believe. I think there’s a 4000-something now that’s the current model. 

We did use it for splatter in a class I took last summer. 

Pastrypastmidnight

Pastrypastmidnight

On 1/25/2019 at 3:57 PM, Jim D. said:

@Pastrypastmidnight, that's very useful information to have in this thread. Do you have the model number (there are a couple of Minijets)? Sata is expensive but has a great reputation. And have you actually used it for splattering?

Melissa Coppel uses a 3000, I think. It starts with a 3. But that’s an old discontinued model, I believe. I think there’s a 4000-something now that’s the current model.