• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Daniel D

Daniel D

On 2/1/2018 at 4:41 PM, pastrygirl said:

Sooo, I have to take back my mediocre review of the Grex 0.5 and Point Zero 1/5 hp compressor combo.  The last few times I used them, getting color on the  mold was super slow - I even filmed one to share with y'all but it took so long that I ran out of storage on my phone.  I wasn't even sure i wanted to spend time fussing with it today, but I did a little maintenance - pulled out the needle and wiped some gunk off, then clipped the tip that was bent.  And voila!  Plenty of CB coverage in no time.  Vastly faster.  Clean tools - who knew? xD  (Usually I'm very clean in the kitchen, but i had not been taking the airbrush apart between uses, only rinsing with hot water.)

@pastrygirl did you have to make any modifications at all to the compressor, or is it pretty much plug and play?

Would you recommend the compressor if I needed to spray 8-12 molds at a time?

Daniel D

Daniel D

On 2/1/2018 at 4:41 PM, pastrygirl said:

Sooo, I have to take back my mediocre review of the Grex 0.5 and Point Zero 1/5 hp compressor combo.  The last few times I used them, getting color on the  mold was super slow - I even filmed one to share with y'all but it took so long that I ran out of storage on my phone.  I wasn't even sure i wanted to spend time fussing with it today, but I did a little maintenance - pulled out the needle and wiped some gunk off, then clipped the tip that was bent.  And voila!  Plenty of CB coverage in no time.  Vastly faster.  Clean tools - who knew? xD  (Usually I'm very clean in the kitchen, but i had not been taking the airbrush apart between uses, only rinsing with hot water.)

@pastrygirl did you have to make any modifications at all to the compressor, or is it pretty much plug and play?